Looking for some advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for some advice within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. Im a new member to the site but have visited this site often for some time now for ...

Looking for some advice

Hey guys. Im a new member to the site but have visited this site often for some time now for info and have found it tremendously helpful. I have a racing background, and build motors etc... so I know my way around vehicles, however I know nothing really about subarus but I know their rep so I bought an 07 wrx when it came up at a ridiculous deal that I couldnt pass it up. Was looking for an sti but like I said I couldnt pass it up. I am doing a lot of research and am learning lots tho just still unsure of all the strengths and limitations of stock vs aftermarket and so-on.

I have one concern, I do autocross and go to the drag track a bit and my car that I have been using for the last couple years and my daily driver - a 91 mazda mx6 2.2l turbo tuned to 290WHP - is goin to be retired as I picked up my 07 wrx for next to nothing and love the car, the grip, everything about it. It is completely stock right now with approx 100,000 kilometers on it but of course doesnt quite have the pep that I would like. If I stage 2 my wrx (not sure if gonna cobb stage 2 tune or protune yet) Will the drive train handle this type of driving? I know the motor will. I know driving style plays a lot with the 5sp but I have heard that the 06-07 5sp is a lot better than the earlier ones? I know how to shift an awd vehicle as well as launch without blowing stuff up but if I get into a drifting situation or something will the tranny, axles etc hold with say 300 ish ft/tq? Just looking for some feed back.

Cheers
    07 WRX
    ============
    91 Mazda MX6 2.2l Turbo - 290WHP RIP
    1996 SI b20Vtec Turbo 242 WHP RIP
    ============
    A Stop sign or a Red light isn't just another stop, but another opportunity to mash the gas

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It works similarly to most vehicles, don't bang the gears hard 24/7 and you'll be fine.

It'll handle it.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.