02' WRX 2.0 Turbo wagon Changed Timing Belt & All Pulleys, Bent Valve #3, Finally Too

This is a discussion on 02' WRX 2.0 Turbo wagon Changed Timing Belt & All Pulleys, Bent Valve #3, Finally Too within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My Timing Was Dead On!!! The Mechanic Told Me The Timing Belt Was Off Because The CrankPulley Should Be Set ...

02' WRX 2.0 Turbo wagon Changed Timing Belt & All Pulleys, Bent Valve #3, Finally Too

My Timing Was Dead On!!! The Mechanic Told Me The Timing Belt Was Off Because The CrankPulley Should Be Set To The Arrow Not The Notch Throwing My Timing Out By 45% And The Crank Wouldn't Turn!!! They Didn't Try To Turn It Over Thank God Or So They Say? Still I Knew The #3 Valve was Bent It Kept Fouling Plug #3. The Arrow Points Right The Notch Centers Putting My Perrin Gear Strait Ect... I Just Hope He Didn't Bend The Head? At This Point Im Looking At $2500.00 For All New Valves, $300.00 To Tow It & With All The New Parts I'v Invested In It I Wonder If I Should Keep It & Just Halve The Work Done?
    1,640.00mi On It, No Rust, New Turbo, All Perrin Hoses, New Intake, And Itercooler Gaskets, New Radiator, MAF, New Fuel LINE & Fuel Filter Light Weight Perrin Crank Pulley, New Belts Water Pump, New Hoses, All The Belt Pulleys & Tentioner, Belt, Plugs, Tires, Turbo Timer, Metal Heat Shielding On Exost, New Outlet Pipes On Muffler, New Paint, Fog Lights, Head Lights, Pro Tuned, New Belt Guid, Air Filter, Custom Paint-Heat Paint In Engine, Mesh Grills, Custom Turbo Fan W/Switch For A/O Driving Or Siting In Traffic The List Goes On!!! So At This Point I Just Don't Know So Much Time & $$$ Invested On High mi. Car!!! Any Feedback Would Be Greatly Appreciated... Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HOLY HELL WHAT HAPPENED HERE????
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah...I'm lost bud...your lack of grammar does not help us understand what you're trying to tell us.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.