New 2012 WRX owner needs your help. Please. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2012 WRX owner needs your help. Please. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My '12 had 8 miles on it when I took delivery. I was careful, I did not hit redline until ...

My '12 had 8 miles on it when I took delivery. I was careful, I did not hit redline until about 60 miles. Like others said, don;t beat on it, but drive it, enjoy.

Also, many cars come with a factory oil fill that has additives to help break in. Not positive about Subaru, but my last VW specifically said in the manual to NOT changes the oil before 5000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    \oh you dont watch how it's made do you?

point. set. match.
    Yea, right... Show me where SUBARU says they dyno every car and i'll eat my hat...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I've never seen footage from Subaru, but I have seen how Kawasaki & Suzuki motorcycles, and Honda cars are all run on what they call a "rolling Road". Similar to a dyno, the electronics are connected to a computer and the car/motorcycle is run through the rpm range and the gears. various switches and controls are checked by the operator and computer. The vehicle is then driven to a parking lot.

Cars like Ferrari are run on a dyno and the power output is measures. There is a person who is responsible for inspecting that AGM, or Ferrari, everything from power output to paint quality to mechanics and they sign off on the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jester33 View Post
    oh WOW I just finished reading the article that "etnpnys" embeded above, When should I change the initial oil in the vehicle? The dealership told me to change it at 3,750 miles for 1st oil change and 7,500 after that, any thoughts?
    I've had many people say that 1000 miles is ideal but I still waited until 3000 miles and have been doing 3000 ever since. No problems and I have about 19,000 on the car at this point.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Read the manual. It will give you oil change guidelines. And Subaru is pretty good about knowing what the car requires.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    Yea, right... Show me where SUBARU says they dyno every car and i'll eat my hat...

bringing back a thread to prove my point..... This is from Subaru themselves....

"Dear Mr. Cybulski,
    Thank you for your patience. I wanted to let you know that it was confirmed that some of the mileage is because the vehicles are dyno-tested before they leave Japan.
    Have a great day!
    Kelly Shinault
    Subaru of America, Inc."

now kiss my butt!
    Last edited by 90crxfreak; 07-05-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Hey 90crxfreak, Thanks for that last piece of information that makes me feel a lot better about my situation.

ps.. The car I had before this was a 2012 Honda CR-Z!

i was actually supprised when they got back to me about this.

nice. i had about 5 mi. on my car when i took delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    I've never seen footage from Subaru, but I have seen how Kawasaki & Suzuki motorcycles, and Honda cars are all run on what they call a "rolling Road". Similar to a dyno, the electronics are connected to a computer and the car/motorcycle is run through the rpm range and the gears. various switches and controls are checked by the operator and computer. The vehicle is then driven to a parking lot.

Cars like Ferrari are run on a dyno and the power output is measures. There is a person who is responsible for inspecting that AGM, or Ferrari, everything from power output to paint quality to mechanics and they sign off on the car.
    Every Ferrari is taken for a spin on their test track as well to check the performance under track conditions to ensure everything is working perfectly too. They also have a brief loop they do near the factory to test it on read-world roads. They then take it back and wash and detail it.

Corvette does the rolling road simulated testing and a brief real-world road test for all ZR1 cars (and maybe the Z06?). I can't remember if it was on Ultimate Factories or another program but the host went out in the car and it was being driven by one of the most senior Corvette test drivers who was this little old lady who ripped it up in the car. Funny as hell!

I know AMG dyno tests their motors but I don't know if they do a track and/or road test too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    I've had many people say that 1000 miles is ideal but I still waited until 3000 miles and have been doing 3000 ever since. No problems and I have about 19,000 on the car at this point.
    So you don't take it above 4k RPM until you're past 3k miles?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    bringing back a thread to prove my point..... This is from Subaru themselves....

"Dear Mr. Cybulski,
    Thank you for your patience. I wanted to let you know that it was confirmed that some of the mileage is because the vehicles are dyno-tested before they leave Japan.
    Have a great day!
    Kelly Shinault
    Subaru of America, Inc."

now kiss my butt!
    There's no way Subaru dyno tests every car before they leave the factory. They probably spot-check certain vehicles but with their production numbers there's no way they test every car.

Quote Originally Posted by jester33 View Post
    ps.. The car I had before this was a 2012 Honda CR-Z!
    Why did you get rid of the Honda so quickly? Other than the fact it's a Honda and it's pug fugly?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

It doesn't take long. And I bet they do. Just like how they will test the car for leaks. The put the car in a water chamber and spray it from all angles while there is someone inside looking at all the seals to make sure nothing is leaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.