Power steering popping

This is a discussion on Power steering popping within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I was driving and my power steering started to get hard easy hard easy and so on when I ...

Power steering popping

So I was driving and my power steering started to get hard easy hard easy and so on when I turned the wheel, both ways, does it at any speed. Then when I got home I was turning the wheel back and forth fast and heard a loud popping sound when I would bring the wheel back to straight, not sure what it would be, maybe the steering rack? Any info. Would help slot.
    ...it takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any have any suggestions
    ...it takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong...

It does sound the the steering rack but wouldn't a wheel that goes from easy to turn to hard to turn be something with the power steering pump?

Yea that's what I thought, but the pump is making no noise and belts tight and fluid good