HELP ME PLEASE!!! Electrical Problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP ME PLEASE!!! Electrical Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, so starting from the beginning. I bought an SPT boost gauge, had the wiring harness connected an working but ...

Unhappy HELP ME PLEASE!!! Electrical Problems

OK, so starting from the beginning. I bought an SPT boost gauge, had the wiring harness connected an working but that gauge never worked right(got it replaced, broke the replacement trying to fix it, yea Im a dumb a$$). Anyways, bought a defi red racer boost gauge instead. Took the SPT harness out and connected the Defu harness to the clock with wire taps.

Defi gauge / clock harness
    red(power) - blue & red stripe
    black(ground) - black & yellow stripe
    white(illum) - yellow & blue strip
    orange(ign) - yellow & red strip

Originally had the white and orange reversed and that's when the problem started. Now my radio, dome lights, ignition light(red ring) will not turn on and my clock will show the driver and passenger seat belt lights, but not the temp and trip gas milage. The doors will also not lock with the remote or drivers door lock all(turning the lock twice). I can only lock the drivers door with the key and all doors from the button on the door panel.

Im now going to just connect the gauge with fuse taps, but the **** has already it the fan and I'm feakin out over here.

I also checked the door lock and audio fuses(engine bay and under dash, all of those look ok.
    Last edited by Dyse; 06-14-2012 at 10:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unhappy HELP ME PLEASE!!! No radio/lamp after boost gauge install

So I took the dash apart again to double check all the connection and wires, nothing loose or disconnected.
    Checked every fuses(that I can find) under the dash and none seem to be blown. Checked most of the fuses in the engine bay(except fan, full pump, hi/low relay etc...) nothing blown there either.
    Last edited by Dyse; 06-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Does it work when you disconnect the gauges?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Check all the fuses in the fuse box both inside the car & in the engine bay.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I checked all the fuses under the dash and engine bay, none of then look blown. Im going to get a multimeter and just got the factory service guide, but I am really stumped. It worked with the SPT harness installed--->took harness out and tapped into clock wires---->now stuff wont turn on

It ended up being the high/low fuse in the engine bay.

Ever since i installed my defi red racer gauge, tire pressure warning light comes and stays on the whole time, cruise control light comes on and off randomly while driving, the hill assist light comes on(which i think means that the system is deactivated, according to the manual). Ive put air in for all tires and they look fine. In the manual, it says that if the tire pressure warning light blinks for a minute and stays on the whole time, the sensor is not working properly and that i gotta contacy a subaru dealer. Are all these relating to my recent installation of boost gauge????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by oms0916 View Post
    Ever since i installed my defi red racer gauge, tire pressure warning light comes and stays on the whole time, cruise control light comes on and off randomly while driving, the hill assist light comes on(which i think means that the system is deactivated, according to the manual). Ive put air in for all tires and they look fine. In the manual, it says that if the tire pressure warning light blinks for a minute and stays on the whole time, the sensor is not working properly and that i gotta contacy a subaru dealer. Are all these relating to my recent installation of boost gauge????
    It would be best if you started a new thread stating your current situation.

In all likelihood your car has gone into limp mode & you have CEL.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I've already got it resolved, just the hi/low fuse in the engine bay. Last time I mess with electrical.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.