exhaust noise

This is a discussion on exhaust noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, just installed a catted invidia dp and on cold starts only for the first 20 seconds or so there ...

exhaust noise

Hello, just installed a catted invidia dp and on cold starts only for the first 20 seconds or so there is this loud mettalic rattling noise that does eventually go away. Just wanted to know what it is and if its normal. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    did you tighten/cut the heat shield correctly? The bracket that hangs it after the cat to brace some of the weight did you put that on correctly? dumb questions but sometimes you miss stupid **** you know?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I had it installed at a shop so I don't know. If it were just that wouldn't the noise be constant because it does dissapate after it heats up? However the tone got a lot deeper a few days after install. Thanks for responding.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did they just reinstall the stock heatshield? Maybe they didn't cut it properly & its hitting the downpipe.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Mine is actually doing the same thing after installing the same downpipe.. But i can see where anything is hitting or rattling..so id love to get any info on this as well..

Just talked to my install guy and he did cut it to go around dp but also said the heat shield is probably touching the dp and might need a little more cutting. So you guys were right, thanks for the feedback.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anytime

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC