Anybody just let their dealer put "Genuine Subuaru" synthetic oil in their car? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anybody just let their dealer put "Genuine Subuaru" synthetic oil in their car? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by subaken On a side note of consumption...I went through less than half a quart in the 1st ...

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    On a side note of consumption...I went through less than half a quart in the 1st 4200miles. Obviously that was with factory oil. I also got the same letter in the mail in May about the 7500 mile interval. On mysubaru.com the intervals to record your oil changes are at 3750 miles. My dealer's opinion is 7500 miles is little steep but I know they're out to make money. I'm just not gonna go past 4500 miles no matter what and screw what everybody thinks.
    Yea, OK, and the world is flat too...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    Yea, OK, and the world is flat too...
    The world isn't flat?

doa
    Why not just use one of the many oils proven to work good in these engines. Their are UOA's all over other forums showing how this oil shears to a 20w in no time. Its fine under normal driving conditions but if you like to drive a little spirited occasionally I suggest trying motul/t6/redline. They seem to have the best UOA's from what I can see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12