sick subbie .. need some doctoral advice!

This is a discussion on sick subbie .. need some doctoral advice! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I'm going to try and keep this short, sweet and straight to the point. I have a 02 wrx ...

sick subbie .. need some doctoral advice!

Ok I'm going to try and keep this short, sweet and straight to the point. I have a 02 wrx with 135k miles .. mods include megan racing down and up pipe turboxs 50/50 bpv flowmaster exhaust aem short ram intake godspeed turbo inlet mishimoto IC hosing walbro pump iridium plugs I'm currently running cobb stage 2 93 map.. I purchased this car as a project knowing I had a long road ahead of me.. I'm currently aware of a small up pipe leak which I plan on fixing this week .. when I finally went stage 2 I was running 16 lbs of boost and within the last month or two I have dramatically dropped in boost for an avg 12 lbs and the car just seems like its got a bad cold .. I had my fuel rails replaced and after about a week or two I began noticing power loss .. its hesitant under full throttle so instantly I thought the intake mani was leaking .. I have done all tthe diy leak tests and have found no results .. ithe only cel I'm pulling is p0457 which is a evap emission leak probably from not replacing the gasket when I put the new pump in .. my car overflows at the pump and did not do this until after a week of having the new pump installed and I'm beginning to think its a fuel related issue? The car acts like it wants to go but it just does not.. I am running out of ideas and id rather not take it to the stealership but at this point its my next step .. I was told by a buddy he seen a few drops of gas behind the passenger side wheel but to my investigation did not see it .. I will try to post data logs at some point today.. does anybody have any ideas? If I forgot to add any information let me know replies are appreciated!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the map notes do not list the intake or any other part as supported, remove it.

Fix the up pipe leak.

The fuel pump is not likely related to the overflow; diagnose with evap or tubing problem in mind.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh and when replacing up pipe gaskets etc check inlet, bcs, and fpr reference connections again.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry For the late post.. turns out its my bcs.. I Just ordered a cobb 3 port unit.. is there anything I need to know in hooking this. Up differently than the stock unit? Would this affect the tune at all .. overboosting etc.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Check map notes and contact Cobb before installing.

Ok thank you for your help!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxy2Sexxy
    Sorry For the late post.. turns out its my bcs.. I Just ordered a cobb 3 port unit.. is there anything I need to know in hooking this. Up differently than the stock unit? Would this affect the tune at all .. overboosting etc.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks
    You cannot install the BCS on your car without reworking the boost tables. Since it's a Cobb part, they may be willing to help you do this.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    The overflowing at the pump probably has to do with the EVAP charcoal canister purge valve.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S