When Car idle and not in gear it will continue to rev between 2k-3k rpms
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on When Car idle and not in gear it will continue to rev between 2k-3k rpms within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I own a 2002 wrx and I've noticed that when either car is not moving or is it will rev ...

When Car idle and not in gear it will continue to rev between 2k-3k rpms

I own a 2002 wrx and I've noticed that when either car is not moving or is it will rev within 2k and 3k rpms when not in gear. No mods and has 130k miles. If I rev the car myself to about 4k rpms about 2 or 3 times the problem goes away temporarly. No the floor mats are not the problem nor is my foot accidently touching the gas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Check the tightness of the two throttle cables at the throttle body
    2. Clean your IACV
    3. If all that doesn't work, does it work better with the MAF unplugged? Should idle around 1500 with it unplugged, around 750 normally.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    1. Check the tightness of the two throttle cables at the throttle body
    2. Clean your IACV
    3. If all that doesn't work, does it work better with the MAF unplugged? Should idle around 1500 with it unplugged, around 750 normally.
    I'll check that out but the exact problem is that it revs up to about 2k-3k goes back down to 1k or less and then continues to repeat

I'm thinking that means either your IACV is sticking fairly badly, or you're running crazy lean for some reason. Let us know how the steps about go.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.