oil plug crush washer

This is a discussion on oil plug crush washer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if new wrx's come with a crush washer/gasket from the factory? I did not see one when ...

oil plug crush washer

Does anyone know if new wrx's come with a crush washer/gasket from the factory? I did not see one when i changed my oil for the first time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe my parts girl said something about the 2012 being a different one then my 11.. Dont know if that is true.. Will find out soon as the 12 needs an oil change.. My thoughts is its the same as the 11 and yes it comes with it and sometimes is very torqued flat.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Should be there.

On a side note the 2012 N/A Impreza's oil filter is on the engine and not under.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I did the first oil change on both my 11 and 12 wrx. They both have a crush washer and are the same. I picked up a bunch of them awhile back. I believe they come in bags of 5.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

It's there. When I did my first oil change It didn't look like it was there but it was painted the same color as the bolt and flat so it blended in. And the crush washers are the same.