Engine fire/ engine knock
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine fire/ engine knock within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I was just wondering if any one had any thoughts on my intake side vac line blowing off, spitting ...

Thumbs down Engine fire/ engine knock

Hey I was just wondering if any one had any thoughts on my intake side vac line blowing off, spitting oil every where inside engine bay resulting in hot oil dripping on plastic skid plate starting a fire? A guy driver past happened to have a fire extinguisher so i could put it out. I had it in the shop three weeks ago to correct an issue with oil being cycled into my intercooler piping. I drove it home 270 miles and here and there since then. I got it out saturday and thats when all this happened, Started with codes being thrown, called the shop they said reflash computer reinstall tune and take it for a drive that is when the fire happened. I had it towed home I put the hose back on so I could put it in the garage and now I have one hell of an engine knock as well . What do I do? They told me to leave it as is and trailer it to them so they can work on it/ fix it . I guess I'm just wondering what other people thoughts were! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow...quite an issue.

Let's start with the obvious: What are you driving, and list all your mods. Can't really help without knowing that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2010 WRX:

- COBB ACCESSPORT
    Protune
    GRIMMSPEED Subaru Boost Solenoid
    KARTBOY SHORT SHIFTER
    Kartboy SHIFTER BUSHINGS
    WALBRO FUEL PUMP 255LPH
    BLOUCH TURBO TD06H-20G-XT
    DOWNPIPE DIVORCED POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL
    GT SPEC DOWNPIPE
    PERRIN FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER/ TUBING
    Injector Dynamics ID1000 top feed injector
    PERRIN TURBO INLET HOSE
    Big Maf Intake

I am currently running 21 lbs of boost .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.