Exhaust issue?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

This is a discussion on Exhaust issue? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So the other day I was driving (08 WRX) and all of a sudden it sounded like my muffler fell ...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355

    Exhaust issue?

    So the other day I was driving (08 WRX) and all of a sudden it sounded like my muffler fell off. So I pull over and have a look. Still all there as far as I can tell. So now the car rumbles mostly at idle, but occasionally when I'm driving, too, although the sound typically goes away the minute I hit the gas. My friend thinks it's a baffle and the whole thing needs to be replaced. I hope not, what do you guys think it might be?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Depending on the style of muffler and who makes it, you may be able to look in there with a flashlight to see if anything looks amiss.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Anyone have an answer that makes sense?

  5. #4
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    What was the question again?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Is my post in the wrong spot, or are there just a lot of bored people with no clue on today?

  7. #6
    Registered User MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,581
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did you try looking in the tailpipe to see if something is out of place yet? I'm guessing you have stock exhaust since you didn't mention aftermarket anything?

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Did you try looking in the tailpipe to see if something is out of place yet? I'm guessing you have stock exhaust since you didn't mention aftermarket anything?
    Looks normal, and yeah, stock. I plan on getting a Tsudo N1 in a few weeks, but I'm curious what the sound is.

  9. #8
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you unable to read, or are you just that big of a jackass?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  10. #9
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Are you unable to read, or are you just that big of a jackass?
    Seriously I see no need for anybody to post responses to the OP when he responds to perfectly legit answers with idiotic responses.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Are you unable to read, or are you just that big of a jackass?
    You're the illiterate retard. If you look back one post I clearly said I the muffler looks normal. U guess you're too stupid to guess what that implies so I'll spell it out for you: I looked inside with a flashlight. It looked like a muffler. I looked under the car at the whole exhaust system. It looked like an exhaust system. That clear it up for you Jerky?

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Seriously I see no need for anybody to post responses to the OP when he responds to perfectly legit answers with idiotic responses.
    I posted the answer once before, and here you are, another moron who can't comprehend what they're reading.

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    The totally screwed up thing about this site is I'm finding more and more you guys only answer questions that the person asking already knows. So if a mechanic has a diagnosis, and asks anyway, you'll all high-five each other. But when someone like myself asks what sounds like a simple question to me, you ask stuff like "did you look in the hole?"

    So I guess if your car's shifting funny you sniff it to see if it smells funny, right? If it's riding rough, do you rub up against the tires? Does anyone on here have a clue how to answer a question in a way that makes sense? There's nothing sticking out of my muffler or exhaust, they're no freaking holes in it. So what the hell would I be looking for? Pretend I'm not a mechanic.

    Unreal. Same b.s. answers I got when I asked about the transmission, yet when I asked a mechanic he had a really simple answer that apparently none of you on this forum have any clue about. I wonder if the guys at nasioc and wrxtuners are as much of a bunch of rude pricks.

  14. #13
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    You're the illiterate retard. If you look back one post I clearly said I the muffler looks normal. U guess you're too stupid to guess what that implies so I'll spell it out for you: I looked inside with a flashlight. It looked like a muffler. I looked under the car at the whole exhaust system. It looked like an exhaust system. That clear it up for you Jerky?
    Not even worth the time. Absolutely unbelievable.

    Good luck getting any help on this site in the future.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  15. #14
    Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eh, whaaaaa?
    Posts
    3,855
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    The totally screwed up thing about this site is I'm finding more and more you guys only answer questions that the person asking already knows. So if a mechanic has a diagnosis, and asks anyway, you'll all high-five each other. But when someone like myself asks what sounds like a simple question to me, you ask stuff like "did you look in the hole?"

    So I guess if your car's shifting funny you sniff it to see if it smells funny, right? If it's riding rough, do you rub up against the tires? Does anyone on here have a clue how to answer a question in a way that makes sense? There's nothing sticking out of my muffler or exhaust, they're no freaking holes in it. So what the hell would I be looking for? Pretend I'm not a mechanic.

    Unreal. Same b.s. answers I got when I asked about the transmission, yet when I asked a mechanic he had a really simple answer that apparently none of you on this forum have any clue about. I wonder if the guys at nasioc and wrxtuners are as much of a bunch of rude pricks.
    Please go there and find out for yourself. See how those people respond to . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . remarks when someone is trying to help you. The first step was to look at the damn exhaust, which is EXACTLY what I told you to do, and what you ended up doing. I would have helped further, but now, you can go . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . yourself. Diagnosis over the internet is not an easy job, especially for hobbyists who come on here in their free time, attempting to help people looking for advice. FREE of charge, I might add.

    You don't want the help? Then don't . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ing ask for it.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

    Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

  16. #15
    Moderator rage-wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yonkers/NYC
    Posts
    10,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    I wonder if the guys at nasioc and wrxtuners are as much of a bunch of rude pricks.
    They are really nice over there.Why don't you post the same question & see.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

    The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread


    Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •