Exhaust issue? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Exhaust issue? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by teikyo30 The totally screwed up thing about this site is I'm finding more and more you guys ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    The totally screwed up thing about this site is I'm finding more and more you guys only answer questions that the person asking already knows. So if a mechanic has a diagnosis, and asks anyway, you'll all high-five each other. But when someone like myself asks what sounds like a simple question to me, you ask stuff like "did you look in the hole?"

So I guess if your car's shifting funny you sniff it to see if it smells funny, right? If it's riding rough, do you rub up against the tires? Does anyone on here have a clue how to answer a question in a way that makes sense? There's nothing sticking out of my muffler or exhaust, they're no freaking holes in it. So what the hell would I be looking for? Pretend I'm not a mechanic.

Unreal. Same b.s. answers I got when I asked about the transmission, yet when I asked a mechanic he had a really simple answer that apparently none of you on this forum have any clue about. I wonder if the guys at nasioc and wrxtuners are as much of a bunch of rude pricks.
    Wow, you're quite the feisty one. You do realize we're trying to help you, right? Part of that process is narrowing down the problem. The simple questions imply no jackassery whatsoever, we just need more info.

With what you said, it sounds like the exhaust itself looks fine, so let's move on. Check all of the bolts in the exhaust line up to the downpipe and see if any have worked loose, or if there is any other sort of exhaust leak at the fittings.

C'mon man, it's not nice to be so antagonistic when you're the one asking for help.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Please go there and find out for yourself. See how those people respond to . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . remarks when someone is trying to help you. The first step was to look at the damn exhaust, which is EXACTLY what I told you to do, and what you ended up doing. I would have helped further, but now, you can go . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth . yourself. Diagnosis over the internet is not an easy job, especially for hobbyists who come on here in their free time, attempting to help people looking for advice. FREE of charge, I might add.

You don't want the help? Then don't . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ing ask for it.
    You started it with the big bag of jackass line. Shoulda kept your mouth shut if you can't take it. But I'm beginning to see what this site's about. Seems like a bunch of rich kids who've got no clue about anything other than their cars. Did mommy and daddy buy yours?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    They are really nice over there.Why don't you post the same question & see.
    I did and you know what, so far no issues. I guess they're just capable of helping someone out without saying "stick a flashlight in there and look."

I Support ClubWRX
    I did and you know what, so far no issues. I guess they're just capable of helping someone out without saying "stick a flashlight in there and look."
    What did they say, out of curiosity? Link to thread?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wow, you're quite the feisty one. You do realize we're trying to help you, right? Part of that process is narrowing down the problem. The simple questions imply no jackassery whatsoever, we just need more info.

With what you said, it sounds like the exhaust itself looks fine, so let's move on. Check all of the bolts in the exhaust line up to the downpipe and see if any have worked loose, or if there is any other sort of exhaust leak at the fittings.

C'mon man, it's not nice to be so antagonistic when you're the one asking for help.
    Right, but I had said I looked in/at the exhaust with a flashlight already and some people just read right past that for some reason. I checked the fittings already, they look tight. I didn't check the downpipe, so I'll check that in the morning. What else might it be? Cat? I read somewhere the mass airflow sensor could cause the problem, but I'm not sure how. And when my friend suggested baffles, did he mean literally baffles or is there a silencer in the stock pipe?

ibtl

where is the sound coming from? right underneath you? back of the car? engine bay?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You started it with the big bag of jackass line. Shoulda kept your mouth shut if you can't take it. But I'm beginning to see what this site's about. Seems like a bunch of rich kids who've got no clue about anything other than their cars. Did mommy and daddy buy yours?
    Right, because this post wasn't inflammatory at all:

Is my post in the wrong spot, or are there just a lot of bored people with no clue on today?
    I told you to take a look at it in the first place, you did NOT post that in your OP, at all. First steps are first steps, don't want to be told what those are? Include it in your first post. And nice job taking the high road there. Classy. I would say it's a shame you don't know anything about me, but it really isn't.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    OP, please refrain from posting on this forum again without reading the rules of this forum. You are currently breaking them.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    What did they say, out of curiosity? Link to thread?
    Exhaust issue? - NASIOC
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    So the other day I was driving (08 WRX) and all of a sudden it sounded like my muffler fell off. So I pull over and have a look. Still all there as far as I can tell. So now the car rumbles mostly at idle, but occasionally when I'm driving, too, although the sound typically goes away the minute I hit the gas. My friend thinks it's a baffle and the whole thing needs to be replaced. I hope not, what do you guys think it might be?
    Anyone have an answer that makes sense?
    Is my post in the wrong spot, or are there just a lot of bored people with no clue on today?
    Looks normal, and yeah, stock. I plan on getting a Tsudo N1 in a few weeks, but I'm curious what the sound is.
    You're the illiterate retard. If you look back one post I clearly said I the muffler looks normal. U guess you're too stupid to guess what that implies so I'll spell it out for you: I looked inside with a flashlight. It looked like a muffler. I looked under the car at the whole exhaust system. It looked like an exhaust system. That clear it up for you Jerky?
    I posted the answer once before, and here you are, another moron who can't comprehend what they're reading.
    The totally screwed up thing about this site is I'm finding more and more you guys only answer questions that the person asking already knows. So if a mechanic has a diagnosis, and asks anyway, you'll all high-five each other. But when someone like myself asks what sounds like a simple question to me, you ask stuff like "did you look in the hole?"

So I guess if your car's shifting funny you sniff it to see if it smells funny, right? If it's riding rough, do you rub up against the tires? Does anyone on here have a clue how to answer a question in a way that makes sense? There's nothing sticking out of my muffler or exhaust, they're no freaking holes in it. So what the hell would I be looking for? Pretend I'm not a mechanic.

Unreal. Same b.s. answers I got when I asked about the transmission, yet when I asked a mechanic he had a really simple answer that apparently none of you on this forum have any clue about. I wonder if the guys at nasioc and wrxtuners are as much of a bunch of rude pricks.
    Right, but I had said I looked in/at the exhaust with a flashlight already and some people just read right past that for some reason. I checked the fittings already, they look tight. I didn't check the downpipe, so I'll check that in the morning. What else might it be? Cat? I read somewhere the mass airflow sensor could cause the problem, but I'm not sure how. And when my friend suggested baffles, did he mean literally baffles or is there a silencer in the stock pipe?
    I am an ASE Certified technician. Your original post honestly makes zero sense. From a technician stand point, you ask me a member on this forum to help you diagnose your car over the internet. You really need to provide more information for someone to try and help you. You could of simply stated "I hit a bump and my car is a lot louder now then it was. First I checked to see if there are any holes in the muffler or piping. I cannot see anything loose inside the muffler and all my fittings are tight.. any ideas?" Now that gives me another place to add a suggestion. First thing Im going to do is flash a light down and see if light appears outside the pipe lower down stream as if you have a hole in the exhaust.

I Support ClubWRX
    But I'm beginning to see what this site's about. Seems like a bunch of rich kids who've got no clue about anything other than their cars. Did mommy and daddy buy yours?
    No mommy and daddy didnt buy mine... My absolutely ridiculous salary from the NFL did.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    No mommy and daddy didnt buy mine... My absolutely ridiculous salary from the NFL did.
    Win
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You sir, are continuing to win at the interwebz
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I was tempted to post "...did you shine a flashlight in there?"
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

^ so was I.. but the irony is that there aren't any posts at all except for his....

face-palm.. what a goof. And to think the guy had been around since 08, had 355 posts.. that's enough to get a good feel for the "site" if you will.

oi.. some people. I'm really tempted to ask about the flashlight on nasioc
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.