P0031 Code

This is a discussion on P0031 Code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1). Finally a code popped up for the wagon. This ...

P0031 Code

Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1). Finally a code popped up for the wagon. This is the only one on. Now Would Bank 1 be the right side of the engine and sensor 1 be the sensor in the right side header?
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is only one Bank.

The sensor to which you refer is the front sensor; side isn't relevant as there's nothing on the other side. See this thread and follow the links therein:

O2 Sensor :(
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yea strange thing happened when i was doing the diag i got 14.XX volts on power on the the harness side of the connecter for the A/F sensor. Then i checked the ground side and it dropped to about 10.XX. i figured 4 volts was alot of voltage to drop. I figured i had high resistance somewhere in the wire between the computer and the connector but it checked out ok. Long story short the A/F sensor was open so i get to spend some more money..yay...but i was wondering if anyone knew why the ground side would drop about 4 volts like that with normal resistance.
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)