Revvs extremely high when engine hot

This is a discussion on Revvs extremely high when engine hot within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. Mods done: Fidanza flywheel TIAL 50mm Blow-off Denso Iridium IK20 TGV Delete Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid Silicone induction ...

Revvs extremely high when engine hot

Hi.

Mods done:
    Fidanza flywheel
    TIAL 50mm Blow-off
    Denso Iridium IK20
    TGV Delete
    Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
    Silicone induction
    Cold air intake
    New camshast sensor

Problem: When pushing the pedal and engine is more than totally warmed up, revvs are going up to 2500-4000 (and will be sustained on it), and don't want to go down. Doesen't matter if Im idle, or driving in gears. After some normal driving it goes back normal (15 minutes or so). It seems that some kind of sensor or IACV is going crazy, or what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need to list your year and mileage before anyone can help.

What tune are you running? What is special about the camshaft sensor versus a stock one?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Sorry, forget it. It's 12/2001 WRX (bugeye), EJ205 engine, 240k km on it.
    Nothing special about the camshaft sensor, for some reason last owner changed it.
    Tune was done by last owner using tactrix openport, don't know how much he changed the settings, but turbo pressure, air/fuel have been changed.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's either the cruise control unit/cable (common problem),your actual throttle cable or your IAC valve needs cleaning/replaced.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It's either the cruise control unit/cable (common problem),your actual throttle cable or your IAC valve needs cleaning/replaced.
    Can't be the the cruise control, because I don't have it. I also assume the IAC, because it has shown trouble before. I just cleaned it month ago, but used old gasget, because it was in new condition and shape. May it be, that there is a air leak in the IAC when it's going hot, and maybe replacing gasget may help?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds like your IAC valve. Or check your throttle plate to make sure it's closing properly.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Your right. Seems that the throttle does not close properly. I don't know why, but it happens only when engine is hot. I oped up the throttle cable and oiled it a bit, but the proble still occurs. Will open up the throttle system, clean it, and hope it helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you don't have a cc cable check the linkage anyway and the main throttle cable, then think ISC IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry should read IAC.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.