Need Help!!!! Strange noise from 2012 WRX Hatch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need Help!!!! Strange noise from 2012 WRX Hatch within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guy's I finally got my 2012 WRX I have about 800 km's on it now. I have been breaking ...

Need Help!!!! Strange noise from 2012 WRX Hatch

Hey Guy's

I finally got my 2012 WRX I have about 800 km's on it now. I have been breaking in the car not taking it over 4000RPM. Just recently i noticed when I go a little harder on the throttle and the boost kicks in I get a really loud noise which seem's to be coming from the sunroof. It's really strange because when I open my window's the sound sound's like it coming from the engine area. The sound is almost like a sucking wind noise ( if that makes sense ). The sound was not there when I got the car, it just started around 600 km's. It might just be in my head but the car doesn't seem to pull as hard as it did the first couple of week's. Any idea's? Does this sound like a normal WRX sound. Thanks for any advice and help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Like this?

hissing noise
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Sound's similar, I made an appointment but it's not till June 2nd. If anyone has any idea;s what it might be, just so I can tell the dealer to check it out, thanks,

Inspect all intake hoses for being loose, and tighten them all up. Thats what I would do first

Can't find any loose hoses, although I have no idea what I'm looking for....lol

Just look for intake hoses and just tighten the hise clamps. I dont have my wrx yet and not really sure what it looks like under the hood. That prob should fix the noise

I have tried to look for loose connection's but I didn't see anything. My car is going to Subaru on thursday May 31st to see what is going on. In the mean time my Cobb short shifter, front and rear bushing's and my Rally Armour Mud Flaps are going to be installed this week. I am really contemplating going stage 1 with Access Port. I talked to my dealership and it sound's like I could get away with it as long as I flash it back to stock when I bring it in for warranty work. He said that the service department would flag my car if I brought it in modified and then would deny claim's. I am really torn if I should flash it to stage 1 or not, any thought's? I have the Mod bug really bad and would like to go stage 2 very shortly with invidia TBE. Anyway's will keep you guy's updated. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Katchman; 05-26-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Just a quick Update, I took my car in today and they told me I had a exhaust leak from my turbo to my down pipe. So they changed out the gasket but there was still a bit of the same noise. They called me back a couple of hours later and told me that my turbo need's to be replaced. Crazy to think I only have 1500kn's on the car, I haven't driven it over 4000RPM's and already I have a exhaust leak and my turbo has to replaced. Oh well hopefully after those are fixed I will be good to go for a long time.

Yikes! Sounds like a freak defect. At least you know what the problem is now.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Dang bro hats crazy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.