Brake Line questions

This is a discussion on Brake Line questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I'm really new to this so im sorry if im asking stupid questions.. it's for an '02 wrx sedan ...

Brake Line questions

Hey I'm really new to this so im sorry if im asking stupid questions.. it's for an '02 wrx sedan if it means anything.

this morning i noticed a puddle underneath my car, i lifted it up and saw that the brake line (front passenger) was leaking. I disconnected it and was gonna take it out (It's the hard line that goes into the bay, not the flexible line.) Then i ended up just retightening the line and i dont think it's leaking anymore? im gonna check it obviously after i bleed it.

my question is when i bleed the lines is this the right order? passenger front, driver rear, driver front, passenger rear. also is there a simple way to disconnect the whole hard line and get it out incase that's what i need to replace?

Thanks for any help,
    sorry if i posted in the wrong place and i always appreciate corrections since im learning
    charlie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bleed order is correct. Don't know about line sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The front passenger is probably the easiest to take out, if necessary, since the area around the downpipe will give you a bit more access than most places. That being said, it's not going to be easy, and might be something best left to the dealer. I haven't heard of the hard lines failing on our cars though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

alright thanks. and do you know what size wrench i need to open the bleeder valve? that'd be helpful to know right off the bat