My review of AMSoil tranny fluid change - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My review of AMSoil tranny fluid change within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Honestly, I can't be certain it was actually extra-s because I had the dealership do that ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Honestly, I can't be certain it was actually extra-s because I had the dealership do that change. I told them I wanted synthetic, and they billed me for it. Whatever was in there was not good with my transmission.
    Ah, in that case I would guess it is unlikely that you got Extra-S. I figure if I walked into my dealer and asked for synth., my chances of ending up with the real stuff is nil.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Out of my last 2 Evo's and my 370z that I had. I always used Amsoil. For me, it's the best... everyone has their opinion though.

I let a tranny break in for about 2500 miles and then switch to the Amsoil.

After going to Lowes, autozone and then calling Advance auto who had the huge T70 Torx socket I needed, I went to a local shop that stocks the Amsoil 75w90 Severe gear, got 4 quarts of it and went home and went to work.

Draining was easy. I didn't even have to jack the car up, though it might have been a bit easier. The OE fluid was still clean and there was of course some metal particles on the magnet, but nothing that wasn't just break in stuff. I added in the correct amount of fluid and was anxious to see how the car felt.

I went out and let everything get warmed up. The shifting wasn't some huge difference as far as being smooth, thought it was a bit smoother. However, the shifting is SO much more direct. It's hard to explain. I had my friend also drive the car and he felt the same way as well. The gears just seem to know where to go with this fluid if you know what I mean. Reverse lock out wasn't totally solved... though it does have the issue much less that before.

It's worth the piece of mind for me to have good fluids in my car no matter what brand one happens to go with. I would recommend it to anyone who has been wondering about it.
    Bump from the dead.

Any update now that you have a few thousand miles on the Amsoil?
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.