WOT issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WOT issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; DO NOT READ THIS SKIP TO MY LATEST POST. Today I have replaced my boost solenoid. I went to go ...

doa

WOT issues

DO NOT READ THIS SKIP TO MY LATEST POST.

Today I have replaced my boost solenoid. I went to go see if it had fixed my over boosting, which it did. I attempted a WOT pull and threw cylinder 2&4 misfires as well as some pfffee code. Here is the log, the power feels sort of choppy almost and a bit sluggish. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction from here. Also I am stage 2 normal map + cobb sf. What I have done, replaced fuel pump+filter. One step colder plugs. Air filter. Cleaned MAF. Cleaned IACV. Boost solenoid. I want to swap the coils and see if that changes the code to 1&3 but im too nervous to attempt again in fear I will break something. You would never know anything was wrong until you go WOT. Can anyone go through this short log and what im hoping someone can point out an injector issue.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZHF1UFE#gid=0
    Last edited by doa; 05-26-2012 at 01:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Year/model/mods/mileage? Are you running a Cobb OTS tune that's designed for that intake? When did this problem start happening, is it happening all the time, more info needed.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Your document isn't public and an injector issue isn't going to show up in a datalog. You would have to test the injectors/harness.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

doa
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3ZHF1UFE#gid=0

fixed.

I can drive the car fine its only when I go WOT and hit full boost.

Its a 2005 WRX. I have already read all the misfire threads and have done just about everything they all recommend. I have also consulted with my local tuner and he said my injectors might not be sealed properly and sucking air under load. I cant see this happening because after I installed my new block the seals on the injectors were replaced and I am sure they seated properly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well considering when the engine is under load the turbo is producing positive manifold pressure. Air would be forced out,not sucked in. Your MAF readings look pretty low and your IAM/DAM is 12. It should be 16. That would indicate a good amount of knock. Without any wideband data you are shooting in the dark.
    Last edited by Donkey; 05-14-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

doa
    Do you have any idea why my DAM would be low like that? Could my MAF readings be low because of a bad MAF?

doa
    Here is another log on cobbs 300 map. About 2 miles after an ecu reset too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GcWJpR1E#gid=0

From what I have read my DAM starts at 12 then grades up or down whether it is happy or not. It was about a 5 mile drive.

I did log the tgv sesnors because for some reason when I reflashed to the older map I through a tgv code. I believe it is the code for the sensor near the turbo. I broke that one when installing a new turbo replaced it and the code went away. For some reason the AP will not read the code though. Just says no codes. I unchecked all the tgv sensors in access tuner and the code was gone so that's how I confirmed it. I did reflash back though because I do not know if I should be running with the tgvs disabled.
    Last edited by doa; 05-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes if you reset the ECU DAM will be 12 on Cobb's maps and 8 on stock a ROM. So logging is worthless immediately after an ECU reset because of that and you fuel trims being reset as well. This is why I set my IAM/DAM to default to 16 after an ECU reset. Use an REAL OBDII scanner to read the code. The AP sucks as a scanner. The Google Doc is not accessible...........
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

doa
    OK after a while of driving my dam is up to 15, I will do another log on my way home from work.

doa
    Here is another about 40 miles after ecu reset.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LNDdHSEE#gid=0

I Support ClubWRX
    You're logging way too many variables, which hurts the resolution. You talk about WOT issues, but don't break 20% TOA.

RomRaider • View topic - How To: Make useful data logs
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

doa
    Im not willing to do another WOT pull until I know im safe just under normal driving conditions. What do you recommend logging over the default?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by doa
    What do you recommend logging over the default?
    Did you read the link I posted?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

doa
    I got around to fixing my CEL's. Just did another log on my drive home from work. Just a very conservative drive, on the default Cobb parameters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...TOHdzNWc#gid=0

I have very basic knowledge of what all these numbers actually mean, but a few of the numbers I have seen here sort of freaked me out. Just want someone who knows what all this means and can tell me if its running ok and it is time to try some more logs at WOT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast