Dealership changing brakes - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on Dealership changing brakes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That mechanic just bent you over son, get your car the hell out of there and take it somewhere else. ...

doa
    That mechanic just bent you over son, get your car the hell out of there and take it somewhere else. There is no way in hell you need rotors at 15k. Let alone 2 grand for stock parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    I'd be interested to know what parts they are using.
    Knowing how some mechanic shops work around here...Duralast.

Dude, you could have bought brand new aftermarket parts, flown me out there to do the brakes for you, and STILL not paid that much money.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Just was informed, the reason the I need new rotors is becuase they were scored by the brake pads being too thin. They cannot be resurfaced because OEM STi rotors are too thing to be resurfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Just was informed, the reason the I need new rotors is becuase they were scored by the brake pads being too thin. They cannot be resurfaced because OEM STi rotors are too thin to be resurfaced.

Just was informed, the reason the I need new rotors is becuase they were scored by the brake pads being too thin. They cannot be resurfaced because OEM STi rotors are too thing to be resurfaced.
    Please make sure you get the old parts and post pictures of them.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

That's bull****. They can be resurfaced, I've seen it done.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I realize at this point you've already paid for and picked up your car, but here's some information to know for next time.

In general rotors last, at least, twice as long as brake pads. Unless something catastrophic happens like a stuck caliper or a rock wedged between pad and rotor.

Most rotors have a minimum thickness stamped on the rotor. Shaving a few mm off the rotors surface might or might not reach the min thickness.

How is the car doing now?

I Support ClubWRX
    mike193 next time you need something let me know man, I'll make sure you get a fair price and the best technician we have if you bring it by Ramsey. Oh and I know its a dead horse but to everyone who was hating on the kid for having a new STi at 17 yrs old, he actually did hit me up looking for a job here a few weeks ago, so obviously he is not too good to work. If my dad would have bought me an STi at 17 I sure as **** would have taken it, you'd be stupid to turn that down. Plus at least he has good taste in cars! in our area every day you see another 17-21 yr old driving an automatic 3 series around who thinks their car is cool just because it's expensive. Most of these kids know nothing about their car and just got it as a status symbol.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I am so glad I didn't get the car where Mike got his :cough: Bill Kolb Subaru.

I was going to,but I didn't.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    mike193 next time you need something let me know man, I'll make sure you get a fair price and the best technician we have if you bring it by Ramsey. Oh and I know its a dead horse but to everyone who was hating on the kid for having a new STi at 17 yrs old, he actually did hit me up looking for a job here a few weeks ago, so obviously he is not too good to work. If my dad would have bought me an STi at 17 I sure as **** would have taken it, you'd be stupid to turn that down. Plus at least he has good taste in cars! in our area every day you see another 17-21 yr old driving an automatic 3 series around who thinks their car is cool just because it's expensive. Most of these kids know nothing about their car and just got it as a status symbol.

He does have good taste in cars.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789