Dealership changing brakes - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealership changing brakes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by czn depends where you live man.... the town i grew up in every kid got a new ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by czn View Post
    depends where you live man.... the town i grew up in every kid got a new bmw when they turned 16.... .
    where is that?and where is my BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    a kid in my old school, (i used to go to Bergen Catholic in NJ) Got a phantom for his first car. well, he was 15 and couldn't drive, but its his car now.

.You mean a Rolls?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    You are exactly right. This one kid is whats wrong with the world because his dad bought him an STI. All the horrible atrocities that go on but this takes the cake. I say we hang him. /sarcasm
    I mean, all the entitled and ungrateful kids of my generation (Im 26) are helping turn this country into a bunch of people sitting on their rear end waiting for another handout.

Call me old school but I dont think a kid should get a car until he or she has a t least a part time job to pay for their own gas and insurance, this will at the very least instill some responsibility. I don't think a kid should ever get a brand new car for there first( let alone a 38k car)

I'm not trying to make anyone furious here, I'm just expressing my opinion. I'm done posting on this thread. Sorry for not being PC and not pretending like this kids parents buying him a brand new Sti, which he has thrashed, is completely acceptable.

czn
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    where is that?and where is my BMW?

.You mean a Rolls?
    Bronxville tony......lol not yonkers.... thats why i didnt get a bmw... i only had a bronxville P.O.
    -Dave
    2001 is300 Solar Yellow *RIP*
    2004 RX-8 Black
    2011 WRX STi - Cobb SF Stage 2

Its a 2011 not a 2012, and I have roughly 15k on my car.
    15k seems kinda early to be replacing the brake pads.

Any one know if the STI brake pads known for going early?

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    15k seems kinda early to be replacing the brake pads.

Any one know if the STI brake pads known for going early?
    It is early. This was already mentioned as well. first few months i had my car it was getting drien very hard, so thats why the brake pads went so quick. I'm done arguing, those of you who think I don't deserve an STi, go ahead hate me all you want. Just know, the only person your hurting is yourself. your wasting you own energy, because you don't make me feel worthless or spoiled, you just make yourself feel less fortunate then you really are. Because when it comes down to it, forget our cars, think about the people living in those horiffic 3rd world countries, I bet you all of them think we are spoiled pieces of garbage.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, you pulled a 180 degree...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

It is early. This was already mentioned as well. first few months i had my car it was getting drien very hard, so thats why the brake pads went so quick. I'm done arguing, those of you who think I don't deserve an STi, go ahead hate me all you want. Just know, the only person your hurting is yourself. your wasting you own energy, because you don't make me feel worthless or spoiled, you just make yourself feel less fortunate then you really are. Because when it comes down to it, forget our cars, think about the people living in those horiffic 3rd world countries, I bet you all of them think we are spoiled pieces of garbage.
    Sorry about that, I guess I missed that post.

I think several people have mentioned that doing the brakes is easy. That's true to a point, if you don't have access to the tools, or don't want to do them, that's fine too. Any reputable shop should be able to do the brakes for a reasonable fee. If you purchase the brake pads then take them to the shop it's even cheaper.

Krono's knows exactly the brake pads your car needs.

I'm just glad you're taking care of the maintenance. Some people young people don't have the forethought to maintain cars before they break.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Sorry about that, I guess I missed that post.

I think several people have mentioned that doing the brakes is easy. That's true to a point, if you don't have access to the tools, or don't want to do them, that's fine too. Any reputable shop should be able to do the brakes for a reasonable fee. If you purchase the brake pads then take them to the shop it's even cheaper.

Krono's knows exactly the brake pads your car needs.

I'm just glad you're taking care of the maintenance. Some people young people don't have the forethought to maintain cars before they break.

I'm sorry if my last post fealt directed towards you, it wasn't. I'm just tired of being flamed because I'm a young kid with a nice car, It makes me mad, because i don't understand what I was expected to do, I guess I was expected to tell my parents 'I don't want a car.' When they told me I could choose a car withtin their reason. And along with that, I'm not good at school, I had ADD, They also gave me this car to help me get into the whole world of automotives because I'm terrible at school and cars are what I love. I just want to be accepted, and after being hated on here for so long, I was finally feeling accepted, but someone always comes along and has to bash me.

Yea, good point. I always think to myself, I have the tools because back when I was a real young'n my pops used to do all the stuff around the house, but as we moved houses all those tools slowly but surely went missing. I really need to go into the workshop, see what we still have, and replace what is missing.

WHY ARE YOU SOO YOUNG?? If only you were older, then you wouldnt be an entitled brat, you would just be getting an extremely nice gift from your family. /sarcasm

But seriously, at what point do you grow out of the "spoiled" age? 18?-youre an adult. 21?-you can drink. 25?-your insurance goes down. Or is it only bc you are assumed to not know the value of a dollar? If a parent of mine did nothing but waste and throw away money all his life, and I decided to buy him a car for a milestone birthday, does that make him a spoiled brat?

Oh life's many questions...**starts daydreaming like JD**
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

....horiffic 3rd world countries, I bet you all of them think we are spoiled pieces of garbage.
    +1
    With that you really hit the nail on the head! Good one. Just sorry there's always someone who's so far behind the curve...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sorry if my last post fealt directed towards you, it wasn't. I'm just tired of being flamed because I'm a young kid with a nice car, It makes me mad, because i don't understand what I was expected to do, I guess I was expected to tell my parents 'I don't want a car.' When they told me I could choose a car withtin their reason. And along with that, I'm not good at school, I had ADD, They also gave me this car to help me get into the whole world of automotives because I'm terrible at school and cars are what I love. I just want to be accepted, and after being hated on here for so long, I was finally feeling accepted, but someone always comes along and has to bash me.

Yea, good point. I always think to myself, I have the tools because back when I was a real young'n my pops used to do all the stuff around the house, but as we moved houses all those tools slowly but surely went missing. I really need to go into the workshop, see what we still have, and replace what is missing.
    Well, it's par for the course.

If you want the car for free, you have to put up with a lack of respect from many people. Especially if you act like you did when you came here. It's almost impossible to shake the spoiled kid rep. It doesn't help that you still reference your fathers money. People will respect you more if you stand on your own, not hang on to your father's coat tails. If you earn the car yourself you'll have all the respect in the world from people but you'll have to work your ass off to get it.

Welcome to the world son.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Welcome to the world son.
    Are you my daddy?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Are you my daddy?
    Ask your mom.

Okay lets move on from this conundrum. Just spoke with the mechanic, supoosedly brake pads for my car from subaru run $500 alone. I also need new rotors which brings the total to $2,250. Well, what the eff. How could this be? This sounds so sideways. The mechanic does not want to put aftermarket parts on the car due to voiding the warantee (My first thought, the brakes don't have a warantee to begin with)

The mechanic does not want to put aftermarket parts on the car due to voiding the warantee (My first thought, the brakes don't have a warantee to begin with)
    Aftermarket parts will not void your warranty, I would shop around.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1