Dealership changing brakes - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealership changing brakes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx I was trying to be funny ooooh, I hate how sarcasm doesn't translate well over internet....

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I was trying to be funny
    ooooh, I hate how sarcasm doesn't translate well over internet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I was trying to be funny
    I missed it. Zach2 is right, we need a "sarcasm" font lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    On a positive note,congrats Mike193.You are now in the green.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thank you sir, now I need to keep progressing! haha

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I missed it. Zach2 is right, we need a "sarcasm" font lol
    See?? It would make interwebz speak soo much better, and you would never need that awkward, "was that sarcasm?" question, or a joke falling flat on its face
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    BAck to the question at hand:
    I just replaced the rear pads, took about 30 min and was not in a hurry. After putting it on the jack, remove wheel. Push caliper apart by reaching in with screw driver and levering caliper to inside of car. You'll feel it give and open the space where the pads are. Unscrew the 2 14mm heads at the end of the rubber bellows. Take off caliper. Pull pads. Clean where pads ride. Put shimms on new pads back and add lube where they ride and back where pressure is applied. I also put a little under the shims. Place pads, put caliper back on. If bellows turn when srews are going back in use 17mm wrench to hold other side that wants to turn. Put wheel back on. START ENGINE AND APPLY BRAKE PEDAL SEVERAL TIMES. You'll feel long travel the first one or 2 pushes, then it goes back to normal. This is where you put the pistons back to the pads and make the brakes ready for operation.

PS: the citroen was a 2cv, I just realized there where many different models. Dohh
    Sounds like you just explained how to do WRX pads...

OP has an STI...which in all reality, is much easier than even that. You don't have to remove any caliper. Each corner is literally two clips, tap out retainer pins, pull pads out with needlenose plyers, compress pistons, insert new pads and shims, tap pins back in, and reinsert clips. Done. But, applying brakes as said above is definitely necessary.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    my dad owns a telecommunications company.)
    Oh, that's how you afford a new Sti while going to school

What's $500, when you're using daddy's money? Or hell, just trade in your car for a 12' Sti, then you won't have to worry about the brakes

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post

What's $500, when you're using daddy's money? Or hell, just trade in your car for a 12' Sti, then you won't have to worry about the brakes
    You must have missed the other posts in this thread.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Who the **** cares how he got his car? Why does this keep getting brought up?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison

Go back to your bridge...

Seriously, the crap about him being 17, his parents buying him a car, etc. needs to stop.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I hated when I had the red dot under my name. Hopefully you'll swing out of it too, but as of right now, doesn't seem like it. and for the record, this topic has been touched upon, many many many times.

not to mention, my dads job doesn't necessarily have to be the reason I have an STi. For example, my friend's dad passed away about a year or so ago, the ensurance money finally came through last week, he now has 80k in his back account and is able to access it whenever since he's 19. With 80k he can go to a BMW dealership and get a brand new M3. So next time you look at what people have, look outside of the box rather then thinking, "look at that rich snob". Because when it comes down to it, my family buys what we want to enjoy, who's to say we still have thousands upon thousands in the bank? as far as you know I could owe people thousands.

Please stop assuming, sit back and do some learning and respect the other members so that red dot has a slight chance of turning green.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Go back to your bridge...
    Seriously, the crap about him being 17, his parents buying him a car, etc. needs to stop.
    This^ if you werent around to see it the first time, it doesnt need to be brought up again. He has learned from his mistakes and we have all* moved on

*mostly all of us
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Banned
    Im just saying this is part of whats wrong with the world today. I've been working since I'm 17, I now work 60hrs a week to afford the things I want. I've never gotten a hand out and have never had a safety net to fall back on ( no one in my family has a lot of money)

Then I see a 17yo kid with an '11 Sti, on his second engine and has blasted through a set of Brembos already ( just in street driving I'm assuming, since I don't think they let 17yo on a track), I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't make me sick. I'm sure you're a "nice" kid, but you have no idea what a dollars worth. You didn't just get an Impreza, not even a WRX, you got a fricken STI brand new off the lot for your first car, I bet you don't even pay your own insurance. I bet when you need to fill your tank every other day, because you drive like a gorilla on speed, you just whip out daddy's credit card.

Entitled and ungrateful. That's all I have to say. Maybe after you destroy your Sti, ask your dad to buy you something used to humble yourself before you enter the real world ( if you ever do )

I Support ClubWRX
    Im just saying this is part of whats wrong with the world today. I've been working since I'm 17, I now work 60hrs a week to afford the things I want. I've never gotten a hand out and have never had a safety net to fall back on ( no one in my family has a lot of money)

Then I see a 17yo kid with an '11 Sti, on his second engine and has blasted through a set of Brembos already ( just in street driving I'm assuming, since I don't think they let 17yo on a track), I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't make me sick. I'm sure you're a "nice" kid, but you have no idea what a dollars worth. You didn't just get an Impreza, not even a WRX, you got a fricken STI brand new off the lot for your first car, I bet you don't even pay your own insurance. I bet when you need to fill your tank every other day, because you drive like a gorilla on speed, you just whip out daddy's credit card.

Entitled and ungrateful. That's all I have to say. Maybe after you destroy your Sti, ask your dad to buy you something used to humble yourself before you enter the real world ( if you ever do )
    You weren't here when he joined. He has heard it enough and learned from it. This does not need to be brought up again. Let the kid live man.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 05-14-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: removed a portion of my post
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Dude GTFO with this crap.

You weren't here when he joined. He has heard it enough and learned from it. This does not need to be brought up again. Let the kid live man.
    Dude, you're just as bad with this crap.

LIGHTEN UP EVERYONE

-TR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.