Dealership changing brakes - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealership changing brakes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lokey Can't his daddy's minions do it for him? Tapatalkin' uncalled for?...

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Can't his daddy's minions do it for him?

Tapatalkin'
    uncalled for?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

doa
    Changing your pads require little to no work. There is like 2 bolts and the pads just pop out. When the pistons get stuck I just push them against the rotor and they pop back on. Buy hawk pads they come with grease and proper break in instructions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    or my dad owns a telecommunications company and has a very close friend whos a mechanic fix all his work trucks, so if we send it there he always gives us a 25% discount. (He swapped my summers to winters and fixed a flat for no fee at all, just an honest hand shake.)
    Uncalled for?

I'm just saying....Considering the initial beatdown you received, you should probably make a conscious effort to not make yourself sound like a spoiled brat moving forward.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I'm not trying to brag and look like a 'spoiled brat'. I'm sorry, from now on I guess ill keep the details off the forum.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Uncalled for?

I'm just saying....Considering the initial beatdown you received, you should probably make a conscious effort to not make yourself sound like a spoiled brat moving forward.
    And people who are focusing on this issue need to themselves move forward.

This is childish.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Aw, thanks. When you're 38 years young, being called childish is a compliment.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not trying to brag and look like a 'spoiled brat'. I'm sorry, from now on I guess ill keep the details off the forum.
    Sorry. I was a little harsh. I have a case of the Mondays, and repeatedly hearing how your dad's connections seem to bail you out of the abuse you give your car irritates me. I'm just being honest.

Greg

Build Thread

I understand. I was abusing my car, I can admit that, but I have honestly and truly since relaxed. I respect what I was given and realize now how hard someone has to work for such nice items like this. I respect that I was lucky enough to be able to get a new car at 17. I understand all that now, and I an admit I did not before. I since changed and I'm now caring for my car a bunch better then I have been. I will not lie and say that I don't rev out 2nd gear or 3rd gear while getting on the parkway every now and then. But I truly have been treating my car a lot better and drive at acceptable speeds and in an acceptable manor now. I'm sorry that my past posts set a horrifying example of myself, but I'm really trying to change that and make everyone realize, that I'm really just a good kid, that wants to get into the whole car thing young and learn what I can, so that when I'm older I can hopefully be as knowledgeable as you guys. No beef between us man, I sure don't want you to have the idea that I'm a spoiled piece of crap, but please try and forget about my past posts and look at me with an open mind, and hopefully you won't have any grudges against me in the future, because I truly want to be a good member of the Subaru community, and want to own many of these cars in the future and frequent this forum for years to come.

Sorry. I was a little harsh. I have a case of the Mondays, and repeatedly hearing how your dad's connections seem to bail you out of the abuse you give your car irritates me. I'm just being honest.
    - Rep

I understand. I was abusing my car, I can admit that, but I have honestly and truly since relaxed. I respect what I was given and realize now how hard someone has to work for such nice items like this. I respect that I was lucky enough to be able to get a new car at 17. I understand all that now, and I an admit I did not before. I since changed and I'm now caring for my car a bunch better then I have been. I will not lie and say that I don't rev out 2nd gear or 3rd gear while getting on the parkway every now and then. But I truly have been treating my car a lot better and drive at acceptable speeds and in an acceptable manor now. I'm sorry that my past posts set a horrifying example of myself, but I'm really trying to change that and make everyone realize, that I'm really just a good kid, that wants to get into the whole car thing young and learn what I can, so that when I'm older I can hopefully be as knowledgeable as you guys. No beef between us man, I sure don't want you to have the idea that I'm a spoiled piece of crap, but please try and forget about my past posts and look at me with an open mind, and hopefully you won't have any grudges against me in the future, because I truly want to be a good member of the Subaru community, and want to own many of these cars in the future and frequent this forum for years to come.
    + Rep
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'm now confused.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm now confused.
    Flogging a dead horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

^ beating a dead horse ^

It happens, espacially here, where everyone has an opinion or (worse) just accepts pre-made opinions. I'm old enough to know better, just honest enough to admit "have toy - will play" also applies to me... I'll probably get flamed for saying it, but hey, So what?!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

wow. Just realized that brown thing was an upside-down horse. So I guess that was an insult to me? lol I don't really get what dead horse I was beating

I Support ClubWRX
    wow. Just realized that brown thing was an upside-down horse. So I guess that was an insult to me? lol I don't really get what dead horse I was beating
    Not you.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT