engine tends to bog down
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on engine tends to bog down within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I got a problem. I have an 02 wrx, and it doesn't seem to be running like it should. ...

engine tends to bog down

Hi, I got a problem. I have an 02 wrx, and it doesn't seem to be running like it should. I don't have much done to it, just a tbe and bov. But sitting at idle, it tends to bog a little bit and when I step on the gas to get going, it does the same as if it just doesn't wanna get going. But after that it doesn't bog until I get to a stop and of almost stalls. Rpms drop to almost 0. It also feels like I got some loss of boost. The air intake and maf is fine, turbo is not leaking either. Can anybody help me out please? Is appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's pobably the BOV. What type is it?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It's pobably the BOV. What type is it?
    I'd have to second this.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Turbo XS. I have heard that it might make the car run lean. Any suggestions on a good not too expensive bov?

I would try to find a stock bypass valve! That would work. Look on nasioc.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetal21192 View Post
    Turbo XS. I have heard that it might make the car run lean. Any suggestions on a good not too expensive bov?
    Turbo XS what? Recirculating,50/50,full atmospheric?? Read this:
    ---- BOV / Blow Off Valve Information ---
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

It full atmospheric. I bought the car with the bov on it. And it runs perfectly fo.e when its cold and wet out. But I'm stationed out in Arkansas so its hot and muggy. And it doesn't seem to like it that much. What do you suggest? Should I get the stock bypass valve?

I am going to get it tuned here very soon though.

Tune or not, you don't need it. Find a stock one, sell the TurboXS. You'll recoup money on it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Alright man. I appreciate it. I'll jump on that.

Now just so I know. Why is my car running this way cuz of the bov? And of I het another aftermarket one, what would you prefer? It's just hard to find them stock where I'm at.

Seen a few posts on this issue -- idle just drops to zero/engine shuts off, often when decelerating or at a stop light. Especially scary when you're in motion. Way beyond my abilities so brought it to my mechanic and he completely cleaned out the throttle body. Lots of gunk in there apparently (140k miles). So far running like a charm...

In the other posts, someone else cleaned out the IACV and others suggested to reset the ECU afterwards.

Hope that helps...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.