MAF sensor?

This is a discussion on MAF sensor? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do you have to have a MAF sensor or can I cut it out with an after market ECU?...

Question MAF sensor?

Do you have to have a MAF sensor or can I cut it out with an after market ECU?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Both; you will need a way of measuring air. You can go to a MAP setup if you insist.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Both; you will need a way of measuring air. You can go to a MAP setup if you insist.
    My plan at this stage is filter, (exsisting bonnet scoop hole enlarged), silicon joiner straight to turbo, short path cold air, my car is heavily modified and I am running out of under bonnet space

What has your tuner told you? Because if you don't have somebody that can design a map for the setup, there's not much point in going any further with this idea.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can run speed density, if that's how you wish to be tuned.

I Support ClubWRX
    Depends on the aftermarket ECU. Your question is pretty generalized. You can run speed density,if the Engine Management you use allows it,but you will need to install an IAT sensor. The stock IAT sensor is combined with the MAF sensor unit. It's the amber bulb on the side.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S