Is She Totaled?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is She Totaled? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So last night a huge hail storm rolled through Louisville. I picked up a few as large as chicken eggs. ...

Is She Totaled?

So last night a huge hail storm rolled through Louisville. I picked up a few as large as chicken eggs. Needless to say that by the time i noticed that it was hailing, it was too late. The damage is pretty extensive, and im wondering if this will make my car a total loss?

Damage includes:
    50+ dents on both the hood and roof
    around 40 across the entire passenger side. Fender, F-R doors, quarter panel
    around 20 across the drivers side
    Trunk has about 14 small dents
    the pillars are covered on both sides, and various weather stripping on the roof and above the windows
    Both headlights were slightly broken in the corners (you can see it in the 3rd pic)
    Windshield has a crack about 14 inches across

here are just a couple pictures for the extent of how big some of them are

whether or not it ends up being totaled, are there any tips you think i should take when dealing with the insurance company. i filed my claim almost instantly after it happened. i have a lot of pictures and a video of all the damage

thanks for the help!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ouch! That sucks to hear

Good luck with everything. As far as tips for the insurance company....just try to be patient.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

If it is a total loss, you should be able to buy it back from the insurance company for a song. It would have a salvage title, but would still be perfectly servicable, you would just not get much for it if you went to sell it. Just think of them as speed dimples, according to Mythbusters you might even get better MPG!

For it to be a total loss per the insurance company the damage must exceed 25% of the total value of the car. I would highly doubt that would be totaled.

Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    If it is a total loss, you should be able to buy it back from the insurance company for a song. It would have a salvage title, but would still be perfectly servicable, you would just not get much for it if you went to sell it. Just think of them as speed dimples, according to Mythbusters you might even get better MPG!
    haha i was thinking the same thing. If it is totaled i would hope i would be allowed to buy it back, then just roll with some dents without having to make payments on it while I finish up my degree.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh, that's terrible man. Sorry to hear. Good luck with the insurance company =(.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

This happened to my friend, his is an 04 WRX I think. Hail damage approx the same as yours. Insurance company totaled it. He bought it back for less then what he owed on it so it really worked out for him lol.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    dang sad to see all those dents in the car, hopefully the insurance can do something
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've got similar hail damage.. Insurance cut me a check for $5000, said it wasn't totaled. Only your claims adjuster can tell you if they are going to total it or not.

I had a storm and ended up with about 4-5 large dents and a smashed windshield and got 2700.00.

I Support ClubWRX
    well. tough to say, hood isnt fixable as it is aluminum. So new hood, fenders arent worth saving so new front fenders, cant see the roof but judging by the hood it looks like ****, same as the deck lid. deck lid would be replaced.. So depending on quarter damage, door damage.. Your probably looking at a $6,000 bill. Your car looks to be an 06/07 so I say they wont total it, just pay the deductible (if there is one since it is natural) and have fun with an entirely new awesome paint job that is better than oem,

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    damn so sad. keep us updated!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

ouch! Keep us posted with what happens.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    As previously stated only an adjuster would let you know for sure. However sorry to hear and see this and good luck. Being patient is really all you can do right now.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

I Support ClubWRX
    I would be surprised if repairs to your car will exceed $5,500 (not totalled). Buddy of mine had a 3-year old Suburban with worse damage than yours. Broken windows, as well. Every body panel excepted the rear doors were fixed and painted (hood replaced). Full bill was $5,200.

I was in his ride when the storm hit. It was WILD, those hail stones bounced about 2 feet off of the hood when they hit.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast