2009 WRX Steering Loose

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX Steering Loose within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So this issue has been going on and off buts it's dangerous now. The highway steering has become very very ...

2009 WRX Steering Loose

So this issue has been going on and off buts it's dangerous now. The highway steering has become very very sensitive with no feedback thru the wheel at all, under 45 there is still no feedback thru the wheel. The steering also centers very slowly to the point where I have to recenter the wheel myself. Is it alignment or my extremely worn tires, or something else?
    Stink-Eye Mob #41

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Have you checked your alignment and/or tires? I would start there. Maybe even just jack it up and yank on the front wheels to see if there's any play.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Have you checked your alignment and/or tires? I would start there. Maybe even just jack it up and yank on the front wheels to see if there's any play.
    Getting the alignment checked tomorrow, thanks man!
    Stink-Eye Mob #41

I Support ClubWRX
    time for tires as well, the words extremely worn and tires should never be in the same sentence.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC