Does anyone know what RPM the factory idle should be? 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Does anyone know what RPM the factory idle should be? 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Please let me know if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I am asking this due to ...

Does anyone know what RPM the factory idle should be? 06 WRX

Please let me know if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I am asking this due to minor troubleshooting. I noticed there are several other posts regarding rough idles, and I am experiencing the same thing. I think to start my troubleshooting on a good foundation, I should know what the factory idle is supposed to be. My car is a 100% stock, 06 WRX. After warming up, it currently idles at just under 750 rpm, and though the needle does NOT fluctuate, I can feel light, intermittent shaking (not in the pedal, the whole car). It's nothing real dramatic, but I just don't remember it being like that. Its at 74k miles, with fresh oil change and tune-up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    750 rpm sounds about right. And it's normal for the car to shake.. mine even shook after I set the idle at 1000 rpm. The shake went away when I switched to EL headers.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you by chance have a different flywheel than stock?

It's extremely common to have to raise your idle due to vibrations from a lighter than stock flywheel. I'm at 1000, and 1200 with A/C on.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

No, its a factory flywheel. And like I said, I could possibly just be obsessing over something that isn't a problem at all. I seem to have this weird disorder that makes me believe that everything should be perfect forever... haha! Mileage and wear n' tear, after 74k... I guess it wont run like a roo with 1k. BTW, how do you adjust the idle? At the throttle body like most others I imagine? Thanks again guys!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You adjust the idle via the ECU. There's a table called "idle" (or something like that), and you just enter in the value you want (in my case 1000), then flash the map back to your car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.