Worst morning ever... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Worst morning ever... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks guys. I'll update when she gets taken care of....

Thanks guys. I'll update when she gets taken care of.
    Laterdays...
    Chris | 2011 WRB WRX Hatchback
    SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT Boost Gauge & Heat Shield
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This makes me sad :/
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Bummer man, I had something similar happen to me, only reversed (I was the one driving around a parked car in my case). The guy pulling out was a fault then too, but didn't get a ticket.

Glad you were ok, and the front clip will be fixed and looking better than it was before you know it!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    That really doesn't look THAT bad. New quarter, new bumper cover, new passenger side headlight and you should be back up and running in no time
    Plus, you'll want a new splash guard, or you could always buy that DRT skid plate this dude on 3GWRX is selling. LINK

I Support ClubWRX
    Not wanting to side-track this thread....but if you are going to get a skid-plate, I think the GTSpec one is much better....it is anodized to not corrode, vented to increase cooling, and has a small plate you open to change the oil.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Brutal, just makes me sick! Glad your OK though. Didn't deploy the airbag either which saved some pain for sure.
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm. ~Jacquie Phelan

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    Not wanting to side-track this thread....but if you are going to get a skid-plate, I think the GTSpec one is much better....it is anodized to not corrode, vented to increase cooling, and has a small plate you open to change the oil.
    1)Umm, I'm not a chemistry major, but Aluminum doesn't really corrode much after the layer of Aluminum Oxide forms. 2)It's actually easier to just pull the skid plate off to change the oil. 3)The stock undertray doesn't have vents, IIRC, and I'm sure Subaru designed it that way for a reason. 4)The the DRT one the dude is selling is $200 vs ~$400 for the GTSpec.

I Support ClubWRX
    1) Yes, it is true that once Aluminum Oxide forms, corrosion is slowed...but Aluminum Oxide is dull (no shine) and looks real bad. Google 'corroded aluminum' and tell me if you want that on your new rex...and the OP is in Michigan where it will see more salt in the winter than you would in TX.

2) You may find it easier to remove the whole plate, but at least GTSpec gives you the option.

3) I know, Subaru has never ever released a single bit that could be improved on, all us modders are waisting our money. What was I thinking?

Oh yeah....that's right....the vents in the after market one are there for a reason!...well, more than one...
    a) by venting air from the engine bay they help to force/suck cooler air through the rad and scoop, reducing temps in your coolant and your intercooler.
    b) they generate small vortexes under the car, which increases air speed under the car, resulting in an increase in downforce. This would be further helped by a rear difuser....but that is another topic.

4) OK, you got me there....though I never said it was cheaper, and if you are comparing the MSRPs rather than a bought-n-sold vs MSRP, you are looking at $309 vs $425.....and if you compare the images, the GTSpec looks better built. if you are going to get an after market piece, you might as well do it right.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    i havnt had Hungry Howies in a while. love the wings!

anyway sorry about your loss man. could it be possible that the other driver was going faster than school speed limit? but best of luck to you and your situation i guess it was just all bad timing.

i was in an accident earlier this week too, not as bad but it was my first time exchanging info with someone lol
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    There is another massive plus here.....you got rid of 'soft' Subaru paint in the front.....and depending, they might 'have to' (wink wink) respray the entire front clip.
    I was making sure someone brought this up!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

1) Yes, it is true that once Aluminum Oxide forms, corrosion is slowed...but Aluminum Oxide is dull (no shine) and looks real bad. Google 'corroded aluminum' and tell me if you want that on your new rex...and the OP is in Michigan where it will see more salt in the winter than you would in TX.

2) You may find it easier to remove the whole plate, but at least GTSpec gives you the option.

3) I know, Subaru has never ever released a single bit that could be improved on, all us modders are waisting our money. What was I thinking?

Oh yeah....that's right....the vents in the after market one are there for a reason!...well, more than one...
    a) by venting air from the engine bay they help to force/suck cooler air through the rad and scoop, reducing temps in your coolant and your intercooler.
    b) they generate small vortexes under the car, which increases air speed under the car, resulting in an increase in downforce. This would be further helped by a rear difuser....but that is another topic.

4) OK, you got me there....though I never said it was cheaper, and if you are comparing the MSRPs rather than a bought-n-sold vs MSRP, you are looking at $309 vs $425.....and if you compare the images, the GTSpec looks better built. if you are going to get an after market piece, you might as well do it right.
    1) How often do you look under your car at the splash guard? A dull aluminum plate looks better than the plastic plate that was there. Also, my skid sees salt, everytime I go back to Minnesota, and it looks just fine, no pits from corrosion, just a few scratches from it doing its purpose.

2) Check out any skid plate the real rally product companies sell, no oil hole, the whole plate comes off. Having a cutout with no covering opens you to easier damage to the engine and gives stuff easier access to the engine, like the salty slush you talked about him seeing more of.

3) Sounds like you're reading that verbatim from something in GTSpec's promotional material. The reason I understood the stock one is not vented is to help direct the airflow across everything in the engine area, I.e. transmission. It does sound like you think the splash guard doesn't provide the same cooling service you're describing Whether that's true or not is moot to me, since I would still not want something with holes letting even more **** up into my engine area.

4) The GTSpec looks better built because it has vents and holes cut into it, or because it has aluminum side parts? The rubber side pieces on the DRT look like they provide better coverage as a replacement for the splash guard, IMO. Now you say if you're going to pay for after-market, do it right? Then get an actual skid plate from a rally parts company, something in 3/8s inch.

Anyways the whole discussion is moot, since I was just tossing out a nice priced solution for one of his pieces. Sorry for the thread jack OP, and hopefully the whole situation gets fixed quickly. GL!!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

So, you butt heads in the morning with the people that are your customers in the evening?!
    Did you tell het that HER pizza prices just went up 3x for the next 20 years?
    Just kidding, glad everything came out as "still easy" after all. It sucks - but could've been soo much worse.
    As yeah, real nice looking car, too. Will be back to same in short order, I'm sure.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

After day 2 everything is mostly straightened back out...
    Laterdays...
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

^Did your bumper beam get bent a bit?

Yea, that's getting replaced with everything.
    Laterdays...
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast