Motor Silkô Engine Oil Treatment

This is a discussion on Motor Silkô Engine Oil Treatment within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It has been recommended to me to try using Motorsilk in my 2011 WRX. Does anyone have any experience with ...

It has been recommended to me to try using Motorsilk in my 2011 WRX. Does anyone have any experience with Motorsilk, does it look worth it, waste of money? The guy who recommended it talks about all the cars he puts it in but they are all pre-owned beat on engines and I'm just wondering if my basically new WRX is going to benefit from using this or if its just $50 down the tube.

Automotive lubrication products with Boron CLS Bondô

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    looks kinda sketchy to me. But I avoid most oil/fuel additives
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    It has been recommended to you to not use any motor oil treatment. See the owner's manual.

The person who recommended the treatment to you is less experienced at building, maintaining, and designing motors than Subaru. The manual lists the requirements for the motor, nothing more and nothing less. Given that, neither the link nor the product are relevant.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.