extended warranty cancel?

This is a discussion on extended warranty cancel? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can you cancel your extended warranty? I thought I read people say you can call up and cancel it and ...

Banned

extended warranty cancel?

Can you cancel your extended warranty? I thought I read people say you can call up and cancel it and they will refund you the money. I had the 100k 7years warranty and I know I wont EVER use it and that was $870 so I can call them and say I dont want it and they will refund that money, I only have 500mile son the car. I will never own the car long enough or drive it enough to ever get even close to that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, you should be able to cancel it....though I am not sure if they would cut you a check for the funds, or simply apply that to your loan amount (if it is through Subaru Motors Financial that is)
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

They should give you a check back for it. Subaru buys it from another company. Find the info in your owner's manual packet or call the dealer and ask for it. You should get a 100% refund since you never made it to the warranty period.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    You can cancel before a specified period./mileage.The period should be indicated on your contract.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    i have a separate packet that came in the mail with all the info and the cost of the coverage it was through Subaru and Chase

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    They should give you a check back for it. Subaru buys it from another company. Find the info in your owner's manual packet or call the dealer and ask for it. You should get a 100% refund since you never made it to the warranty period.
    I cancelled mine after having the car for a few months, they won't cut a check if you have a loan

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    they won't cut a check if you have your loan through Subaru.. If you got a loan from another source, they should (I think - assuming you didn't finance the cost of the extended warranty).

I bought the 7 year 100K for my first WRX. The warranty was cheap compared to the cost of keeping it valid. I didn't buy this warranty when I got my '11 STI. Not to mention I had upgraded the turbo, exhaust, and IC before the car hit 50K and completely voided it anyway.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I bought a WRX PBP Sedan in January and sent in a notarized letter requesting a cancellation of the extended warranty to Subaru about eight weeks ago. It took two weeks for Subaru to CC me on a letter to my dealer, Napleton's Schaumburg Subaru in Illinois, telling them to forward the refund to my leinholder, in this case Subaru Finance/Chase.

In the six weeks since, the amount has yet to come off my loan. Since the dealer is involved, and Napleton's completely sucks, I'm not sure entirely how long it's going to take for that refund to show.

FYI, Napleton's charged me 2,100 for six year, 60,000, and gave me some bull about it including prepaid maintenance (which it does not). I started looking around and realized I got ripped off. I'm not surprised though, in hindsight I'd have gone to pretty much any other dealer. They did offer the best deal, but the 300 bucks I saved by going through them wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with a dealership that is less scrupulous than the usual unscrupulous dealership.

Banned
    well even if I dont get a check..thats almost $900 that can come off the amount I owe on the car if they do it that way.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nyd3030 View Post
    I bought a WRX PBP Sedan in January and sent in a notarized letter requesting a cancellation of the extended warranty to Subaru about eight weeks ago. It took two weeks for Subaru to CC me on a letter to my dealer, Napleton's Schaumburg Subaru in Illinois, telling them to forward the refund to my leinholder, in this case Subaru Finance/Chase.

In the six weeks since, the amount has yet to come off my loan. Since the dealer is involved, and Napleton's completely sucks, I'm not sure entirely how long it's going to take for that refund to show.

FYI, Napleton's charged me 2,100 for six year, 60,000, and gave me some bull about it including prepaid maintenance (which it does not). I started looking around and realized I got ripped off. I'm not surprised though, in hindsight I'd have gone to pretty much any other dealer. They did offer the best deal, but the 300 bucks I saved by going through them wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with a dealership that is less scrupulous than the usual unscrupulous dealership.
    This happened to me when I bought the gap insurance at the dealer. I bought it since I didn't inform my insurance company ahead of time - and canceled the next day because Subaru charged $700 one-time vfor what my insurance company charged $5/year.

I submitted the forms, but the dealer never refunded the money (it was supposed to go against my loan with Subaru). Since I paid this portion as part of a deposit with my American Express - I disputed the charge with them as it was clear the dealer was never going to resolve this. In the end, I got the money refunded on my AMEX because the dealer refused to discuss the situation with them...

What is it with Subaru dealers?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett