My dent is finally being fixed!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dent is finally being fixed! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So as many of you may know, I received my car in the end of October. A few days after ...

My dent is finally being fixed!

So as many of you may know, I received my car in the end of October. A few days after doing so my 'friend' slams the side of it with him jeep wrangler while in a CVS parking lot. I did what I could to not beat the living piss out of him because I knew police would be coming for an accident report, and after all he is my friend of many years and it is just an accident haha. Anyway, the car has been in the shop for about 5 days now. I'm hopefully expecting it back this upcoming week while I'm on break from school. Anyhow, I have my concerns. After reading a post about a Subaru dealership crashing a members car, I'm expecting to get my car back and see more mileage expecting one of the workers took it out. Is this common? I mean I don't see why a worker wouldn't go to move it and pull out and rip down the block for a minute or two. Even if so, this won't add more then a mile, maybe even less witch the odo mite not even register. Although, while I was there, I did see a BMW M5, and porsche GT3 so I'm sure my car isn't too close to the top of the list, but then again those cars may be 'too much to risk' for one of those workers. I'm very very skeptical as you can probably tell, and since I'm only a 17 year old kid this makes the situation worse. If I notice extra mileage the fellow in the office who i spoke to mite not take me serious if i notice extra mileage, and if I tell my dad he may get in problems with our insurance agent because he suggested the place.
    Any suggestion I would appreciate, as for now, I'm gunna be happy she comes back without this hodeous dent.
    Oh, heres the dent, enjoy.

Rear Door Dent
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dent-far view.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	104161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh wow that's pretty bad. I didn't realize the extent of the damage. I don't think anyone can tell you if a shop is going to mistreat your car. If they are reputable then I don't see them taking your car out and beating the snot out of it. If you had a AP I would say put it on Valet Mode but since that's not an option just have faith that they are a honorable shop and do the job right without joyriding in the car.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Yea it's pretty bad, he got me with his front bumper corner so it pushed my door right in. The wheel well got pushed in and I had summers when he hit me, I swapped to winters and since they have treds, the dent was about a milimeter off the back tire. Wanna have a quick laugh? Door still open and latched shut, was still fully functional, and held water out of the cabin haha. I'm having faith, the man behind the counter seemed very honest and like a classy man. I just want my baby back! I drive my dads wrangler, which is fun on sunny days with no doors or roof, but I shift from first to second, and expect some power, and get nothhinnnggg haha, but I am very grateful I'm being lent a vehicle.

I Support ClubWRX
    If only he had hit the forward portion of the door,that body side molding would have prevented the damage.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    If only he had hit the forward portion of the door,that body side molding would have prevented the damage.
    Is that a fact? I don't know how it would have saved it, I feel like it would have pushed that rite in too, he has a stick so he hit me while gas'ing it and letting the clutch out, he didn't just roll into me, there was some force to it -__-

You should find new friends that know how to drive their manual cars in a parking lot.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

kids.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    You should find new friends that know how to drive their manual cars in a parking lot.
    Believe it or not, He's been my best friend since kindergarten and he lives 3 houses down from me. I seriously was so mad at him, but the next day accepted it was an accident and got over it. Ironically we grown very far apart since the accident and I rarely see him now. But an accident is an accident, if I get pissed about it all that does it make it suck more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    kids.
    -__- I knew I'd get negative feedback like this. It was a mistake, it was a retarded mistake, but it was a mistake. You gotta learn from your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    -__- I knew I'd get negative feedback like this. It was a mistake, it was a retarded mistake, but it was a mistake. You gotta learn from your mistakes.
    you've done alright learning from mistakes thus far...you've come a long way since October. Question though...did your friend offer up any compensation? Deductible or such?

What dealer do you have it at?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    you've done alright learning from mistakes thus far...you've come a long way since October. Question though...did your friend offer up any compensation? Deductible or such?

What dealer do you have it at?
    The only thing my friend offered were poor excuses as to why it wasn't his fault and it was a freak mistake. The police were called, after my dad had finished explaining what a jackass my friend was for hitting my brand new car (this took place over bluetooth and my friend heard it all as he stood there staring at the ground). Later that night my dad had got on the phone with his dad, and he asked for a day to decide wether he wanted to pay for the damage, it send it through insurance. My dad told him he had til tomorrow to tell him. My dad got home from work the next day with no call from my friends dad, so he faxed the accident paperwork through to the insurance company.

ALSO, the dealer I use is Bill Kolb in Orangetown NY. I can't complain about anything, they've always gone above and beyond what they are asked. But if your talking about where the dent is being repaired? It's an auto body shop next door to my insurance agents location. its Premiere auto body I believe, not positive.

And as far as learning from my mistakes, its much nicer carrying knowledgable and informational conversations with you guys on here then arguing and fighting. I realized what a shelled jerk I was being, and it took me some time, but I realized I am extremely lucky to be driving a brand new STi as my first car, a brand new car at the least. Besides, I wanna come to some pretty big meets and not have people who hate me lol
    Last edited by Mike193; 04-20-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Wow! Two mature posts from two different people who have taken heat and thickened up their skin in the same day! ClubWRX is growing up!

Good to see things going well with that. I think a lot of people would enjoy meeting a younger and responsible member of the community. And hopefully a lot of other younger members would see this and follow in your tracks.

Kolb is a good dealer. They move a LOT of Subarus and have pretty good rep so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Sucks that your friend/his family won't own up to it. I understand mistakes/accidents/freaks of nature happen, but he still plowed into your car and there's not other way to refute that. He should at least offer to take you out to a Yankees/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Nets/Devils or whatever NY game you root for.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Kolb is a good dealer. They move a LOT of Subarus and have pretty good rep so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    ugh,I don't like Kolb.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hopefully your "week-long fix" doesn't end up being six months like my first accident with the Subaru...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wow! Two mature posts from two different people who have taken heat and thickened up their skin in the same day! ClubWRX is growing up!

Good to see things going well with that. I think a lot of people would enjoy meeting a younger and responsible member of the community. And hopefully a lot of other younger members would see this and follow in your tracks.

Sucks that your friend/his family won't own up to it. I understand mistakes/accidents/freaks of nature happen, but he still plowed into your car and there's not other way to refute that. He should at least offer to take you out to a Yankees/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Nets/Devils or whatever NY game you root for.
    Yea younger people in any hobby is great. It's also nice to have older people who would rather walk you through it and teach you because they know you're interested and a good person, rather then people look down on me because im not that knowledgable and not teach me because i'm a jerk.

I don't watch sports. So any invitation to a game of some short would get denied quickly haha

I first went to Rt 17 Ramsey Subaru to look for STi's, but the salesman played the 'we only have these at this lot and if you dont order by today or the next day they will be gone.' Now as I see on here, I don't doubt that this was true, but my dad and his leasing company were able to find a bunch of options relatively quickly, the car was just delivered rather then picked up. Another reason I go to Kolb rather then Rt 17, is because one time during a big power outage the local station was out of premium, and me being the shelled idiot i was back then, said ahh, screw it and filled with regular. Sure enough got a backfire, and CEL (which i didn't know what was throwing the CEL at the time) So i went to rt 17, they told me to leave it overnight, me, being from the 'Now' generation, I needed it fixed THEN, had no time to sit around. So i went to Kolb and they checked it for me right then and there, they shut the CEL off and I told them i'd come back for a service date, and I did. I'll be going back the day I get her back from body shop, to get an oil change and new brakes. (the car isnt at Subaru for auto body, dealerships around here like to send away to a body shop they like, so instead I went with my insurance aggents suggestion. (he lives right next door so any problems with pricing and such are easily dealt with)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast