My dent is finally being fixed! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dent is finally being fixed! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thats very abnormal. I wish i enjoyed it when people messed with my property....

thats very abnormal. I wish i enjoyed it when people messed with my property.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    thats very abnormal. I wish i enjoyed it when people messed with my property.
    I never said I enjoyed it. I just don't stress about it. I've got about 10 years on you and I have a lot of stories that would make anyones car getting dented seem insignificant. It's all relative.

oh, I'm well aware. Idk I was just pretty pissed that my new car was dented.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Not really, because you can't control what other people do. If you leave candles burning in your own home when you leave the house that's just stupid. If you buy a car and never drive it because of the chance it might get hit, that's just absurd. Your analogy of leaving a candle burning is something YOU have control of. You can't control what other drivers do, so there is no reason to stress about it. I had a ford Bronco that my dad bought for me to use the summer after high school because I was leaving for the AF. The 2nd day I had it my gf's mom backed right into it. I wasn't upset, it got fixed, no one was hurt, not a big deal.
    Drews, not every one is a master of Stoicism like you

Personally, I think everyone should incorporate these concepts into their lives, and do in fact draw a lot from the Stoics in my work, but my point is that is a viewpoint that is learned.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    oh, I'm well aware. Idk I was just pretty pissed that my new car was dented.
    Life lessons with Dr. Drews.

Mike, tell me why were you upset that your car got dented? Was it because your new toy had just be blemished or because of your friends stupid decision to show boat and accidentally hit your car?

im not sure about mike, but i would be extremely upset if the most expensive thing i owned, for less than 2 days, got smashed up by some stupid kid, doing something stupid. the one thing i hate the most in this world is stupidity.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    im not sure about mike, but i would be extremely upset if the most expensive thing i owned, for less than 2 days, got smashed up by some stupid kid, doing something stupid. the one thing i hate the most in this world is stupidity.
    But why? Why are you angry about something that is going to be set right? It is just a car afterall. Just understand that there are many like it, and they are just like yours. It's easily fixed/replaced. Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    New mental pic of Drews:

Drews' first Sufism:

"Puddle? There is no puddle. There is only lake"
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    New mental pic of Drews:
    Wrong, sir, it's not in water.

Edit: Although Yoda did live in a swamp...hmmmm...not sure if unintentional, or myco is a genius.

I Support ClubWRX
    Jimmy you should write a book or something.

You somehow remind me of Dr. Randy Pausch who said something of the sort,"Its just a car,just a thing"
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-20-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling check by Capt Drews
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Jimmy you should right a book or something.
    What should I wrong?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Wrong, sir, it's not in water.

Edit: Although Yoda did live in a swamp...hmmmm...not sure if unintentional, or myco is a genius.
    You missed the edit....

I was referring to the raising of the x-wing
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    shorter version

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    You missed the edit....

I was referring to the raising of the x-wing
    Lol...honestly, that's kind of what it felt like when we were pulling it out. Except it didn't start after that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.