My dent is finally being fixed! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My dent is finally being fixed! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 I've been rear ended twice in the last three years...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've been rear ended twice in the last three years
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    (shut up again Zachs, and you too Matthew)...
    I'll keep my mouth shut, but only if you promise not to
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I understand what you mean. I'm always glad that nobody gets hurt...however doesn't mean you can't be pissed off at stupidity...he was parked and still, and his buddy hit him. How do you hit a parked car? As he said, his buddy couldn't even figure out what happened.

I've been rear ended (shut up Zach, both of you) twice in the last three years, once in my first Subaru, once in my 350z. +$3000k worth of damage. Both times I was stopped. One at a stop sign, and some dude flew out of parking garage all high and mighty in his Porsche Cayenne and slid on ice right into me. He even said he pulled out way too fast (shut up again Zachs, and you too Matthew)...second accident in my Z, I was at a stoplight...just chillin. Next thing you know, I hear a loud screech, and I got hit. The teeny bopper in the car was texting and completely destroyed the car in front of her, and that car hit me...$5000 worth of damage! I was furious both times because the people were idiots. I kept my calm though...
    Thats one thing I'm always afraid of. I saved myself from it recently though, was on the parkway in traffic stopped, looked back and saw a car goin a tad to fast, i dumped into 1st and shot to the side of the shoulder (shoulder of the fast lane) looked to my right and he was about an inch off the car in front of me's bumper.... scary as hell, but i was psyched I saved myself haha

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I was gunna say it in some sly, jokish, sarcastic way, but i didn't know if it would be accepted already from me haha
    I wouldn't have cared.

I understand what you mean. I'm always glad that nobody gets hurt...however doesn't mean you can't be pissed off at stupidity...he was parked and still, and his buddy hit him. How do you hit a parked car? As he said, his buddy couldn't even figure out what happened.

I've been rear ended (shut up Zach, both of you) twice in the last three years, once in my first Subaru, once in my 350z. +$3000k worth of damage. Both times I was stopped. One at a stop sign, and some dude flew out of parking garage all high and mighty in his Porsche Cayenne and slid on ice right into me. He even said he pulled out way too fast (shut up again Zachs, and you too Matthew)...second accident in my Z, I was at a stoplight...just chillin. Next thing you know, I hear a loud screech, and I got hit. The teeny bopper in the car was texting and completely destroyed the car in front of her, and that car hit me...$5000 worth of damage! I was furious both times because the people were idiots. I kept my calm though...
    People make mistakes, it's in our nature. My previous screw-ups have definitely made me the well adjusted driver I am today. Also, it's really easy to hit a parked car that you can't see. I've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I wouldn't have cared.

People make mistakes, it's in our nature. My previous screw-ups have definitely made me the well adjusted driver I am today. Also, it's really easy to hit a parked car that you can't see. I've done it.
    I know I see everyone pick on that every chance they can. I'm just finally starting to be accepted here, don't wanna ruin it! haha

And yea, I agree that people make mistakes, thats why I got over and it never held it against him.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I know I see everyone pick on that every chance they can. I'm just finally starting to be accepted here, don't wanna ruin it! haha

And yea, I agree that people make mistakes, thats why I got over and it never held it against him.
    But what reason do you have to get upset in the first place? Maybe I just have that kind of attitude but what's done is done. They hit your car, it will get fixed, so why worry about it right then? Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

But what reason do you have to get upset in the first place? Maybe I just have that kind of attitude but what's done is done. They hit your car, it will get fixed, so why worry about it right then? Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.
    Well, I have a reason to get upset, because I got the car the day before. If I didn't have a reason to get upset, I would've picked it up from the dealer and went straight to a rally track, no break in or anything, and beat the living hell out of it because its a car, it can be replaced.

Idk, its just my view of things I guess, like when I leave my house and see a candle burning, I don't think to myself, "I have insurance, if it burns down I get a new one" I walk over and put it out.

Also, it's really easy to hit a parked lake that you can't see. I've done it.
    Fixored.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Agreed, but most people take time to get to that stance, if they can at all (which is sounds like the OP did). The emotional response is much quicker than the rational/logical response and more powerful. So I can understand him getting pissed as a teenager with his first car getting hit within days of buying. In fact, I applaud the attitude he now has, lots of people can't get themselves to think that way even after months.

I too have the attitude you describe, but I'd have to say that isn't the norm. I know it took me a long time to think/feel/believe that way, which is contrary to our natural stress response.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Idk, its just my view of things I guess, like when I leave my house and see a candle burning, I don't think to myself, "I have insurance, if it burns down I get a new one" I walk over and put it out.
    Good analogy. I guess what we're getting at is that our car is something that we enjoy, and obviously don't want to see damaged or hurt, regardless of accident, stupidity, intentionally, or what.

I personally am just more annoyed that I have to take time out of my day to speak with insurance, and get this report, and that report, then be without my car for X amount of time. That's what is frustrating.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I agree with you guys in some ways. Yes, now after the fact, im not mad about it, I got over it. but when it happened I was pissed, I don't know anybody who would've smacked their friend on the back chuckling saying 'don't worry about it man, who cares'

I mean now after the fact I can say that, but at the time of the accident, noooooo way haha

Good analogy. I guess what we're getting at is that our car is something that we enjoy, and obviously don't want to see damaged or hurt, regardless of accident, stupidity, intentionally, or what.

I personally am just more annoyed that I have to take time out of my day to speak with insurance, and get this report, and that report, then be without my car for X amount of time. That's what is frustrating.
    thats another factor, you hate wasting you time, It wasn't even my time, it was my dad's time and problem which made me feel terrible because he just forked over ALOT of his own money so i could love what I drive every day, and now its messed up, I just felt like crap explaining to him the 30-40k gift he had just bought me was smashed up.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I have a reason to get upset, because I got the car the day before. If I didn't have a reason to get upset, I would've picked it up from the dealer and went straight to a rally track, no break in or anything, and beat the living hell out of it because its a car, it can be replaced.

Not really, because you can't control what other people do. If you leave candles burning in your own home when you leave the house that's just stupid. If you buy a car and never drive it because of the chance it might get hit, that's just absurd. Your analogy of leaving a candle burning is something YOU have control of. You can't control what other drivers do, so there is no reason to stress about it. I had a ford Bronco that my dad bought for me to use the summer after high school because I was leaving for the AF. The 2nd day I had it my gf's mom backed right into it. I wasn't upset, it got fixed, no one was hurt, not a big deal.

Not really, because you can't control what other people do. If you leave candles burning in your own home when you leave the house that's just stupid. If you buy a car and never drive it because of the chance it might get hit, that's just absurd. Your analogy of leaving a candle burning is something YOU have control of. You can't control what other drivers do, so there is no reason to stress about it. I had a ford Bronco that my dad bought for me to use the summer after high school because I was leaving for the AF. The 2nd day I had it my gf's mom backed right into it. I wasn't upset, it got fixed, no one was hurt, not a big deal.
    I'm sure you were bummed when u found out she hit it, I'm sure you didn't smile and respond "okay, no problem" after she told you she hit your car

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure you didn't smile and respond "okay, no problem" after she told you she hit your car
    I actually did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.