VDC light won't go out...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VDC light won't go out... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Both the VDC and hill-start assist light came on and will not turn off. On my 09 WRX the lights ...

VDC light won't go out...

Both the VDC and hill-start assist light came on and will not turn off. On my 09 WRX the lights are either off or I can (supposedly) turn the VDC and Hill-start off by hand, then the lights come on in yellow. On next starting it's back to normal (light off, function on). Now these lights are on, function is off and shutting down and next start makes no diff. And I can say that the hill-start is objectively off. Now, this is the first car I own with VDC and I don't feel it's a neccessity, but here I have a malfunction and I don't like that. Anyone with any ideas how to re-set that? I had lerarning-view hooked up, it says "no DTS present" (no diagnostic trouble codes...)Attachment 104082
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So it went to the subie shop. They told me the steering angle sensor needs to be replaced, under warranty. This is the second occurance of the same problem. When they took apart the steering system they had the wrong replacement sensor. So it sat over the weekend. Now they found that the steering must have been apart sometime before. When put back together the steering was not aligned right and was ajusted to be straight by turning the tie rods one side in other side out until steering sits straight. That will make it look like turning when in fact going straight on the VDC. So there's the problem. They are now going to put things back together as they should be. Then toe will have to be adjusted, again, just had that done... all inclusive: $300. The sensor might still be bad, but that would still be under warranty...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.