Is this normal? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Is this normal? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so this is what really makes me mad I called back when I posted this and they told me ...

Ok so this is what really makes me mad I called back when I posted this and they told me I should have brought it in at 3700 and then today I receive this-

To protect the value of your Subaru and keep it operating at peak performance, it is important that scheduled maintenance be performed in a timely manner.

Our service records for your 2012 IMPREZA WRX show that your mileage is probably now around 6,786 miles and/or your vehicle is 5.5 months old, which means - unless recently serviced you are due for the following factory recommended maintenance:

7,500 Mile Maintenance

Click here to schedule a service appointment online or call us at 203.840.1750 to schedule a maintenance service appointment that is convenient for you.

We thank you for choosing Georgetown Subaru, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Sincerely,
    Gregg Catandella
    Fixed Operations Director

How do they tell me one thing over the phone then email me this????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

as far as i know SOA still thinks our service interval is 7500 miles. from what i read on the cars101.com maintenance schedule, turbo models should be every 3750. i do remember sending an email to SOA and having them send me in writing that as long as we fulfill a change every 7500 miles, that they cannot void the warranty.

of course i really dont care about that now with all my bolt ons.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I usually lease although I purchased this car and love it, just wish I checked the forum for advice over Subarus manual. Also I just don't understand how the dealership says one thing than sends me email that conflicts it

Because they're a dealership and very few of the people that work there really understand cars well.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nepats555 View Post
    I usually lease although I purchased this car and love it, just wish I checked the forum for advice over Subarus manual. Also I just don't understand how the dealership says one thing than sends me email that conflicts it

At the end of the day, you are responsible for having the service required as per the schedule in your owner's manual, regardless of whether you do it or the dealer does. You should go by that regardless of whether your dealer gives you a courtesy reminder or not. The manual does also specify to check your oil every time you add gas.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234