Stalling at idle.

This is a discussion on Stalling at idle. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey there everyone, I have an 06 WRX, bone-stock with 74k. Just today I pulled to a stop in a ...

Stalling at idle.

Hey there everyone, I have an 06 WRX, bone-stock with 74k. Just today I pulled to a stop in a parking lot to use my phone and after about a minute at idle the RPM's started jumping around and then the engine stalled completely. It happened twice more before I left the parking lot. When it would start to stall I would tap the throttle
    to bring it back up. I filled the tank (was at quarter-tank) thinking maybe it was bad gas. It hasn't happened again today but the RPM will jump around a little still and overall idle seems lower than normal. I understand this is probably a very vague issue that could be several different things, but if anyone has had a similar experience, please share what you did to fix it! Also I just got my oil changed yesterday, but I highly doubt it's related. Checked the oil level and all was well, also no high temp indications, battery terminals were tight... This car is strictly maintained so I'm very frustrated that this is happening. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Jon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    When was the last time you changed your spark plugs?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    When was the last time you changed your spark plugs?
    I second this.
    2010 WRB WRX

I just double checked my service manual and I was wrong about the service life of the plugs. They are past due so I'm going to swap them out right away. Thanks a lot guys and I'll post a response when they are all changed out. I noticed the DIY for spark plugs on the forum so thank you to those who post these tutorials!

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck with everything.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Let me know if you have any questions I just changed mine las week! Good luck
    2010 WRB WRX

Well, I changed the plugs this morning, roughly a 3 hour job... Everything seems fine now at idle. No more fluctuation of RPM, no stalling, and the peace of mind that I've got some fresh parts under the hood. Thanks a lot for the pointers, I feel so dumb for overlooking my tune-up interval... Either way, next on the list is fuel filter replacement, so gotta order that. Thanks again! I get a lot of good guidance from this forum.