2005 WRX Wagon High Mileage Maintenance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX Wagon High Mileage Maintenance within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey All, I have a 2005 WRX Wagon that I've taken great care of. It just hit 92k miles today ...

2005 WRX Wagon High Mileage Maintenance

Hey All,

I have a 2005 WRX Wagon that I've taken great care of. It just hit 92k miles today and recently I had the 90k work done at my local suby dealership. I've had most of my maintenance performed at the dealer and unfortunately this time around they told me that I have a lot of maintenance coming up, though I'm trying to figure out if they are actually being truthful. Below is the laundry list they gave me for upcoming maintenance. Have other owners had similar work performed on their cars after hitting 90k miles, the only one that seems normal to me is the rear brakes? Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

-Both valve cover gaskets seeping $813 to replace
    -Both front DOJ boots seeping grease and have cracks $252/each
    -Transmission shift shaft seal seeping $570
    -BG power steering flush $110
    -Rear brakes $303

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Really, the only way that you can verify if they are being truthful is either to get under the car and have a look for yourself, or take it to another mechanic who you trust to look it over. I have had problems with shops trying to take advantage of me, as has many in my family. A lot of that seems fishy so I would get a second opinion, but the power steering flush is normal after a certain period. The rear brakes quote seems high unless they're replacing the rotors as well as the pads. You have a timing belt change coming up at 105k, but that's a little way off.

Never fully trust anyone who stands to make a profit off you. Get a second opinion.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.