HELP A PLAYA OUTTTTT

This is a discussion on HELP A PLAYA OUTTTTT within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, The rubber wire boot leading from the chassis to the driver door has dis-attached and I am wondering ...

HELP A PLAYA OUTTTTT

Hey guys,

The rubber wire boot leading from the chassis to the driver door has dis-attached and I am wondering if there is anyway I could reattach it? Because of how the boot is laid out, it is really hard to line it up properly. Also, the plastic ring on the chassis retracts back into the frame as soon as you take you hand off of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo21.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	103878

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Drove me crazy too.

There are three grooves on the rubber boot/grommet(one of which can be seen in the pic).Line them up with the 3 holes in the plastic retainer.Only 1 way to get it right.I think I used a screwdriver to push the plastic retainer from the inside of the kickpanel.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.