Why did Subaru give us a spare tire? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Why did Subaru give us a spare tire? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Side note on this whole tow thing...... If you are lowered at all, you might not make it onto most ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Side note on this whole tow thing......

If you are lowered at all, you might not make it onto most flatbeds without damage to your bumpers. Mine (3rd gen) is stock hight and when it was towed a few days ago the front bumper cleared the flatbed by about 1/2mm.

Driver said if it had been lowered I would have needed a few 2x4s to build ramps to get the nose up high enough to get on the flatbed. So, unless your area has a lot of exotic cars that get towed, and you think the tow companies have the special trucks that put the bed flat on the ground...if you are lowered you should carry some wood blocks in your trunk
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    If you are lowered at all, you might not make it onto most flatbeds without damage to your bumpers. Mine (3rd gen) is stock hight and when it was towed a few days ago the front bumper cleared the flatbed by about 1/2mm.

Driver said if it had been lowered I would have needed a few 2x4s to build ramps to get the nose up high enough to get on the flatbed. So, unless your area has a lot of exotic cars that get towed, and you think the tow companies have the special trucks that put the bed flat on the ground...if you are lowered you should carry some wood blocks in your trunk
    This guy has that covered

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Why did Subaru give us a spare tire?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    This guy has that covered

Every time I see a pic of that car, I can't help but think "what a ****ing retard". :/
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Meanwhile, in NYC...

That made me cringe

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Every time I see a pic of that car, I can't help but think "what a ****ing retard". :/
    No thanks. As long as I live where I do Id never lower mine. Hell my mud flaps scrape as it is when I back down down the drive way and come off from the tar of the driveway onto the dirt road.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Why did Subaru give us a spare tire?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    That made me cringe

No thanks. As long as I live where I do Id never lower mine. Hell my mud flaps scrape as it is when I back down down the drive way and come off from the tar of the driveway onto the dirt road.
    Lol, at stock height I kept tearing the rears off when backing into spots. ****ing curbs.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345