overheating

This is a discussion on overheating within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im having an overheating problem on my 2001 ive changed the radiator as it was leaking and the thermostat it ...

overheating

im having an overheating problem on my 2001 ive changed the radiator as it was leaking and the thermostat it seems to get warm and fill the expantion tank and not return to the header tank and the bottom hose stays cold can any one help as im ripping my hair out with it ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It started after you changed the radiator? You need to burp the system. One way is here:

Overheating After Rad. & Timing Belt Replacement

but there are others. Burp the system repeatedly and when you are sure it's done, burp it all over again because it's not.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks very much ill try that

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It started after you changed the radiator? You need to burp the system. One way is here:

Overheating After Rad. & Timing Belt Replacement

but there are others. Burp the system repeatedly and when you are sure it's done, burp it all over again because it's not.
    Yup.........and make sure the car is on level ground so that the turbo coolant expansion tank is the highest point in the cooling system.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S