Losing mpgs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Losing mpgs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How are you getting that good of mpgs, even if I'm cruising highway and babying the car I only get ...

How are you getting that good of mpgs, even if I'm cruising highway and babying the car I only get like 22

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's all in how you drive it.. plus things like tire pressure, and how much crap you have in your car can make considerable differences. When I got 32mpg I don't think I went over 65mph (and I never use cruise control). If you cruise in 5th at 55-60mph you will get much better mileage than if you cruise at 75mph. Also coasting a long way every time you need to slow down or stop helps. Other drivers seem to get mad that I will coast for half a mile coming up to a stop, but the savings in fuel speaks for itself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah stock I could pull 24 with cruise control set at 65 now at stage 2 I get 27 doing the same thing
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Yeah stock I could pull 24 with cruise control set at 65 now at stage 2 I get 27 doing the same thing

That's exactly the results I got with my old bugeye, 24 stock -> 27 stage two.

So basically what you're saying is go stage 2 and make sure my tire pressure is good,lol. I live in so cal so driving 55 is not an option. I don't know, just frustrating with these crazy gas prices, I'm paying like 4.50/ gallon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator0302 View Post
    So basically what you're saying is go stage 2 and make sure my tire pressure is good,lol. I live in so cal so driving 55 is not an option. I don't know, just frustrating with these crazy gas prices, I'm paying like 4.50/ gallon
    If it makes you feel any better,I pay 4.69/gallon.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah.. the decreased restriction of having an aftermarket downpipe lessens load because the car makes power more easily. And 37-40psi in your tires reduces grip, but will improve your fuel economy. I also make sure to only carry essentials in my car to keep it as light as possible.

I Support ClubWRX
    I went a bit further & lost 10 lbs.Weight reduction FTW.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Unfortunately I can't afford to lose any weight myself, but my trunk is gutted, and when I'm not going to need them I remove the rear seats. When I get some free time I'm going to go crazy with weight reduction, no reason not to swiss cheese the car at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    If it makes you feel any better,I pay 4.69/gallon.
    Damn, yeah I actually do feel a lil better, thats crazy high. I guess there's always someone else who has it worse than I do

Gutting is not necessary... I have a 12 inch sub and I still get an average of 26 mpg with a stock setup

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

The readout in my 09 is crazy out of whack. It reads 27 mpg's when the refill on the tank and miles gone showed 17 mpg. This was city with very short distances, always cold engine. I'm walking those stretches now! Normally I get about 20-21 mpg real, display shows 30-35... Just a heads up as to the value of that digital readout (about zero) Someday when I have the dash apart I'll probably disconnect that part...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12