Boost help - Vaccuum line/Restrictor pill
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost help - Vaccuum line/Restrictor pill within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay I need a little wisdom here please. When i bought my car it had a Boost controller on the ...

Boost help - Vaccuum line/Restrictor pill

Okay I need a little wisdom here please. When i bought my car it had a Boost controller on the car. Causing it to throw codes and over boost. I assumed it was an easy fix, so i took the boost controller off and replaced it with a vacuum line that fit snugly in it's place.

Well today I got around to using my COBB AP, which I have a stage 2 tune installed. Car has a catless turbo back, and HKS intake. When I installed the tune I figured it was running pretty good. So today I figured I had some time I was gonna take a quick data log. I tried to figure out how exactly to do it, I ran a real time boost guage on the AP. Looks like my boost from 3-7k rpm is in the 7's PSI, with a maximum recorded boost of 9.2 PSI. The car runs and feels pretty dang good otherwise.

So what I'm thinking is i don't have the right size vacuum line inbetween the turbo and wastegate where the boost controller was, or if it is the right size, i need a restrictor pill.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Edit: Looks like there's supposed to be a T fitting, that connects to a solenoid? The waste gate selenoid? Guess i need to look around for what's missing a fitting.

Picture of my make replaced vacuum line (yes it needs a trimming)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vacuumline.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	103625

And this, I just cut out of the vacuum hose that was attached to my boost controller. Is this perhaps the Restrictor?

Name:	restirctorpill.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	103626

Edit again: Supposed to look something like this? with the T connected to the turbo pipe and wastegate?

Name:	solenoidzp2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	103627
    Last edited by Killerkanadian; 03-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Fixed my problem. Found the hose it was supposed to T off into. Bought a generic restrictor from autozone. Had it hooked up on the wrong side of the vacuum hose at first so it wasn't working. Did a little more research and put it in the correct spot. About pooped my britches when the car all of a sudden was boosting 16PSI, and almost slammed the car turning infront of me.

Just glad the car is finally running right
    Last edited by Killerkanadian; 03-31-2012 at 03:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.