Over boosting!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Over boosting!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, So, I have recently purchased a WRX and installed a boost gauge that after driving the car under ...

Over boosting!!!

Hello everyone,

So, I have recently purchased a WRX and installed a boost gauge that after driving the car under different circumstances, I believe to be fairly accurate. I also just recently realized, that I had accidentally taken out the restrictor pill in the vacuum line. So after reinstalling it in the right place, I drove the car and noticed that under WOT that the boost jumps up to 17 psi and then corrects to about 14, and then hovers around 15 and stays there while I accelerate. The car is completely stock and I have no idea why it's doing this. Before I put the restrictor pill in, it was never boosting over 14ish and the boost was steady. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Has your car thrown trouble codes?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Does the car have an aftermarket downpipe?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

The car has never thrown any code and is completely stock. No after market downpipe

And by the way, it's a 2002. If that helps at all

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have any form of boost control like an EBCS or a manual boost controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Do you have any form of boost control like an EBCS or a manual boost controller?
    No, everything is how the car is supposed to be set up stock. Although if this can't be fixed easily or if I can't figure out what the problem is, I was going to buy a grimmspeed bcs

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercasio View Post
    No, everything is how the car is supposed to be set up stock. Although if this can't be fixed easily or if I can't figure out what the problem is, I was going to buy a grimmspeed bcs
    If I did it over again, I'd go with the perrin.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Someone probably fiddled with the wastegate actuator:

Adiusting wastegate actuator arm works yes or no

Completely ignore 2.0 when you review that.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.