02 wrx sputters with boost controller on - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 02 wrx sputters with boost controller on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What do you mean by it has a working EGT gauge? An aftermarket gauge has nothing to do with the ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What do you mean by it has a working EGT gauge? An aftermarket gauge has nothing to do with the issue - You need to have that CEL cleared and if your sensor (not gauge) is still in the UP without a cat it needs to be removed. You can disable the CEL in the map (or your tuner) or you can do the resistor mod.

What is going on with the other CEL regarding the radiator fans?

You need a correct tune for the boost control system without the MBC. Do you have a DP? If not you can use a stage I map or the stock map, if so try a stage II map, or go get it retuned correctly. What kind of EBCS do you mean it has (do you mean the stock boost control solenoid)? If you have like a grimmspeed EBCS that takes a different map/tune.

These are all things that have to be taken care of ASAP - it may or may not completely fix your issue but we won't know until you get caught up.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is no cel light on when the car is running the only time i get it is around 4-5k and it will flash 3 times and go off and when i go to check the codes theres nothing there. and it has a blitz ebc. i will hopefully be ordering the cobb accessport shortly and going to go stage 2 tune but until then i will just stay out of boost as much as possible

I Support ClubWRX
    Consider just getting a tactrix cable and doing an internet tune like XPT - it will be better and cheaper.

Remove the Blitz thing and sell it. If you want an EBCS get a grimmspeed and get a correct map for it. I thought you meant the stock BCS this whole time. You can see if that makes things better temporarily, or if you are still overboosting just run the line from the compressor housing straight to the wastegate actuator - that will limit you to around 8-9 psi until you get a tune or a map, and should be much safer.

well i was doing some more digging and just found that there is a turbo xs utec in the car so now im kinda lost once again. how i missed something this big i have no idea

I Support ClubWRX
    UTEC is a good piece, but harder to find a tuner compared to Cobb and Opensource. You could just keep that and the other pieces and get a protune - let them decide if they want to use the MBC etc.

Well goods news i switched maps returned the old vacuum setup and the car hits 16 pounds smooth with no cel and the egts and af ratio is looking good compared to the other map now i just have some logging to do

I Support ClubWRX
    lol, that works too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.