turbo rebuilt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on turbo rebuilt within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; guys i think my turbo is done it whistles under boost and it has slight shaft play. i need to ...

turbo rebuilt

guys i think my turbo is done it whistles under boost and it has slight shaft play. i need to find a place or someone who can rebuild it for me in the orange county area. thanks

turbo is a garret m33

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a better solution go to nasioc or eBay and find a used tdo4 stock wrx turbo for $150-200 it's the best solution. There are actually people who sell them with warranty. Google search used wrx turbo for sale
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    You might want to post your location. There is an Orange County in three different US states I can name, and I'm not even from the US so there must be more Orange Counties.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thats a good idea. I live in orange county ca. I dont want to go back to stock.

Ok what kind of turbo do u have
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    Ok what kind of turbo do u have
    See quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by cuco View Post
    turbo is a garret m33
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry didn't see it
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    m33 is stamped on a bunch of different garrett turbos FYI.

Rebuilt and New Turbochargers- Turbo Masters San Diego
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Whistling may be a boost leak. Side to side shaft play is ok if its a little but in and out shaft play is to be concerned.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

hey guys sorry for the trouble. i got more info. i been away. so i bough the car for a good price already modded. when i got it it ran fine but after a while the whistle started. i do notice that the whistle is present as soon as the turbo spools up to the set psi. it has an external waste gate and the turbo is huge. notice some slight shaft play. again it has not touch the housing yet. if i avoid wide open throttle everything is cool and no whistle. if i floor it boost i lose boost for a quick sec and its kicks in again. the reason why i thought the turbo was done is because i also now notice severe flutter from my bov. and i think that might have help to deteriorate the turbo. anyway here are some pics of the set up and the turbo. also i don't know which turbo i have i am trying to look at the serial number in the middle part to be more specific. but i do know its a a/r .50 from the engraving on the housing. please take a look and and tell me what you think. i will do a search for topic on boost leaks also to become more acquainted with the subject. thanks guys. also if anyone that is an expert on modding WRXs then i would love to have you take a look at my car. please PM where i can reach you and a quote. thanks again guys

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You have a boost leak. Go to a shop and get a boost leak test done.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

ok so i guess its not as bad. now can anyone please suggest a place that know its was around imprezas. i live in orange county ca. irvine costa mesa area. thanks again guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow. That is heavily modified. It is a huge turbo. There is no intake at all, no MAF... no air filter, relocated coolant res.... Was it fast?

Flutter as in compressor surge - your BOV probably needs to be adjusted. It isn't good for the turbo.

Boost leak does sound likely, and probably in the FMIC tract.

This car needs to be looked at hands on by some with a lot of subaru experience.

Thats exactly what I was saying lol can anyone refer me to a shop or member who know their way around this car. I will for someone knowledgeable who can give me an idea to atleast tell me how everything looks. It looks like the plenum is also upside down. Any feesback?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, reversed intake manifold, rotated turbo. I hope that is a built motor.

Surge Line Tuning

Harmon Motive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast