boost leak and cant find it. need major help!!!

This is a discussion on boost leak and cant find it. need major help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am an owner of a 2003 bug-eye wrx. on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine ...

boost leak and cant find it. need major help!!!

I am an owner of a 2003 bug-eye wrx. on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now. and i know most of you are going to tell me i have a leak some where, so here is what i all did to try and find my problem. i changed ever vac line and every fuel line, the fuel filter, all four spark plugs and all coil packs, i changed every gasket even in the exhaust system, and i fixed a exhaust leak. if any one has any information on something that i may have missed please give me your input.

email- Ionbr_33@yahoo.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbr_33 View Post
    on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now.
    What does "trubo tac" mean? What is it, and why did it "usually" go to 8 lbs?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    likely using 'tac' as slang for tachometer, and using that as slang for gauge.....so I am assuming he means turbo gauge.....

anyway, have you checked the connections to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the throttle body?

You could try the old tire pressure trick. With the engine relatively cold, have someone rev the engine while you pray the intercooler and other intake parts with some soapy water....look for bubbles.

What about the BOV? 10 years old (about)....it could be going bad.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    unlikely, but what about the gasket between the intake runners and the block? That should also show up with the bubble test listed above.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbr_33 View Post
    I am an owner of a 2003 bug-eye wrx. on the trubo tac whick usually goes to 8 lbs mine only goes to about 5 or 6 lbs now.
    Stock boost is 13.5psi
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbr
    and i know most of you are going to tell me i have a leak some where, so here is what i all did to try and find my problem. i changed ever vac line and every fuel line, the fuel filter, all four spark plugs and all coil packs, i changed every gasket even in the exhaust system, and i fixed a exhaust leak. if any one has any information on something that i may have missed please give me your input.

email- Ionbr_33@yahoo.com
    Thats not how you test for a boost leak. Results for HOW TO TEST A SUBARU
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S