blew a fuse
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on blew a fuse within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So last night i accidentally blew a fuse. i was reading the manual and the blown fuse in in the ...

blew a fuse

So last night i accidentally blew a fuse. i was reading the manual and the blown fuse in in the "passenger compartment fuse box" i was unable to locate this. if anyone can help, that was be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's on the drivers side behind the coin tray. It's located right above the hood release.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    How do you know that you blew a fuse?And what fuse do you know that you blew.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    It's on the drivers side behind the coin tray. It's located right above the hood release.
    We don't have coin trays in the '11s

Either way, it's right where Sir James says. By the hood release there is a panel that comes right off and all the fuses are there.

and +1 to Rage's question.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I was putting an blue LED's strip and im guessing it blew the fuse for the interrior lighting because the dome lights, and footwell LED's dont come on

a*

thank you for the help! haha should be fun fitting my 6 foot tall, 275 lb fat a** in a way that will allow me to easily work on the fuses haha

It's easy, I'm like 6'1" and about 275 and I could get in there all deep (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID) to do my boost gauge.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    You should kneel on the floor outside the car .it will give you easier access to the fuse box.You also need ATM replacement fuses.

Something like this

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I was putting an blue LED's strip and im guessing it blew the fuse for the interrior lighting because the dome lights, and footwell LED's dont come on
    As a general guideline, disconnected the battery when you're working with anything electrical in your car.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

okay, thank you for all input, i should be home in an hour or so to check out my situation. also i noticed this morning the key fob wouldn't unlock or lock the car, but the button on drivers door still does. so im guessing its on the same fuse? also cant i put a replacement fuse in there until i can run to autozone?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    okay, thank you for all input, i should be home in an hour or so to check out my situation. also i noticed this morning the key fob wouldn't unlock or lock the car, but the button on drivers door still does. so im guessing its on the same fuse? also cant i put a replacement fuse in there until i can run to autozone?
    You should have extra fuses in the fuse box under the hood of the car.

yea thats what im referring to when i said "put a replacement til i run to autozone"

i ask this because someone mite suggest using a different company fuse, or different type of fuse or something. I don't now very much so as much advice as i can get, the better. so my plan for right now is locate the blown fuse, replace it with one from the replacements under the hood, drive to autozone and replace the replacements (i want to have replacement fuses on me at all times.)

I Support ClubWRX
    Auto-zone carries fuse kits. I have one in my car.

just got hime to check out my situation. had no idea that little door thing pops out to allow access to the fuse box. i thought i was gunna have to go up behind the dash. this seems much easier. just eatin my sandwich for lunch then im gunna go search for the blown fuse. thanks for all the help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast