blew a fuse - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on blew a fuse within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mike193 just got hime to check out my situation. had no idea that little door thing pops ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    just got hime to check out my situation. had no idea that little door thing pops out to allow access to the fuse box. i thought i was gunna have to go up behind the dash. this seems much easier. just eatin my sandwich for lunch then im gunna go search for the blown fuse. thanks for all the help
    The owners manual has a diagram for that fuse box. Should save you some trouble.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

okay so I just went outside, checked the fuse i suspected was blown, it was fine, so i went and checked every single fuse in the dashboard compartment, and in the engine bay compartment, none of them were blown, so what should i do next? the stuff that ive noticed has changed : red footwell lights arent on anymore. dome lights no longer work, gauges and stereo wont light up all the way unless the headlights are on the off position. and my key fob won't unlock, lock, or pop my trunk.
    any adivce is greatly appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your car start?

Did you try the dimmer switch for the gauges & stereo?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

the car starts. and yea the dimmer only works when headlihts are off, when headlights are on its automatically on the lowest dimmer setting reguardless of the wheel for the dimmer's position.

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you tried using your spare key fob to open the door?

Can you tell us exactly what you did to install the LED strip?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Please stop ****ing around with your car. Respect the thing.

the other fob doesnt work. and my friend who put his lights in his car spliced it in he said

to the wire for the red LED

both ends of the LED strip were spliced to the same wire?

Have you tried taking the new LED strip(s) out and seeing if the problem goes away?

the LED was connected to both of the wires from the original LED, yes. Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden, i heard almost like a tiny little 'tink' and all the stuff im describing happened

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    IIRC...the fuse for the interior lighting is actually under the hood.

I Support ClubWRX
    After you figure this out, please don't let your splicing friend touch your car again....for our sake. Thanks.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    IIRC...the fuse for the interior lighting is actually under the hood.
    is it one of the small fuses? or one of the bigger square ones? and if those are blown the little metal connector won't be connected right?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    is it one of the small fuses? or one of the bigger square ones? and if those are blown the little metal connector won't be connected right?
    Correct. Also, when you open the lid to the fuse box and flip it over, it's a handy little diagram letting you know which fuse goes to what.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.