02' wrx bogging issue

This is a discussion on 02' wrx bogging issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey what'S GOING ON I have an issue, everytime i punch it, the car bog's down, then takes off! I'm ...

02' wrx bogging issue

hey what'S GOING ON I have an issue, everytime i punch it, the car bog's down, then takes off! I'm wondering if I have a misfire or something let me know what you think?? Thankyou!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Any codes? What are your mods? Data logging is going to be your friend in this type of situation.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Intake, exhaust, downpipe, headers, up pipe, blowoff valve, manual boost controller... speaking of which could it be the boost controller?? And yes that was gonna be my next step, to check for codes!? Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, are you say, driving in 4th a 30 and flooring it, or what? A bit more info on the scenerio would be helpfull
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx87 View Post
    Intake, exhaust, downpipe, headers, up pipe, blowoff valve, manual boost controller... speaking of which could it be the boost controller?? And yes that was gonna be my next step, to check for codes!? Thanks
    And no tune?

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

anytime i floor it, in a low gear or just step on it.. it just bogs down , then hauls ass.. so it's like i cant really hit it hard to take off! just gradually!

no tune.. stock, IT was running great, now this started to happen!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Those mods without engine management is a recipe for disaster, plain and simple.

so your saying i should tune it ASAP!

and any suggestions on tuning, ecu managment programs???

I Support ClubWRX
    and any suggestions on tuning, ecu managment programs???
    Find a pro tuner in your area...be prepared to shell out about 400 bucks.

OK.. Definitley willing to spend it to make it right and better! what do you think about purchasing a tuner?

I Support ClubWRX
    OK.. Definitley willing to spend it to make it right and better! what do you think about purchasing a tuner?
    For the mods you have an OTS map really isn't going to get you what you need. Plus if you have a person working with you, they can data log and tell you what's going on so you can diagnose the issue. For now, keep your foot out of it.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If this issue just started it is likely that you now have some sort of mechanical problem due to improper fueling and/or timing. I would at least have the compression tested before you try to tune it to see if you have cracked a ringland or something.

You could purchase a tuner, like the Cobb AP, but with those mods you will still need to have someone professionally tune it, so you would just be adding to the cost, and there are fewer people who work with the AP than with opensource.

How many miles is on the car? When did you last change your fuel filter? Keep the foot up until you have it tuned too
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq